Asset Management- Alternatives – Real Estate Americas- Associate
Job title: Asset Management- Alternatives – Real Estate Americas- Associate
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: JPMorgan Asset Management Global Real Estate & Infrastructure is one of the world’s largest real estate investment advisors with over $40 billion (gross) of real estate assets under management in North America and Europe with developing businesses in India and China. Given its relationships, reputation, and size, JPMAM Real Estate transacts an average of $4 billion in combined acquisition and disposition activity annually. JPMAM Real Estate is comprised of approximately 250 real estate professionals organized within key functional areas.
The Real Estate Americas business is seeking to hire an associate for its New York-based investment team covering the Southeast markets. The investment team covers roughly 140 office, retail, multifamily and industrial investments valued at approximately $18 billion in fair market value. Associates on the investment team play an integral role in working alongside our asset managers and acquisition officers in overseeing a portfolio of assets and driving value to our clients. Individuals in this role are involved in the underwriting and due diligence work associated with new deals, oversight and strategy implementation within the existing portfolio, assistance on development deals, the handling of dispositions, working through internal and external property valuations and completing various internal and external reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Underwrite using Argus and Excel
- Create and utilize financial models for investment valuation
- Research and analyze market data
- Participate in property and market tours
- Prepare presentations and written investment committee memos
- Perform due diligence to prepare acquisitions for closing
- Work on asset dispositions, including hold/sell analysis, memo preparation
- Work with asset manager on asset strategy reviews, including existing asset valuation
- Participate in evaluation of leases and leasing strategy
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional quantitative modeling and analytical skills
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Three years of financial analysis, real estate, modeling experience
- ARGUS experience is a plus
- The position is for an associate with experience in real estate investment management.
- At least three years of work experience in real estate following completion of undergraduate program
- The candidate should be prepared to travel as needed
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: New York
Job date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 22:14:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Asset #Management #Alternatives #Real #Estate #Americas #Associate