Associate Director, Digital Lead Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job title: Associate Director, Digital Lead Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job description: Description
Position at Mindshare
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
You will lead, manage and inspire the digital team at Unilever and will build trusted and influential relationships with clients and media partners. You must have a strong understanding of brand communication strategy and should have worked on cutting-edge digital led, integrated communication/media solutions for clients.
REPORTING OF THE ROLE
This role reports to the Partner, Unilever
BEST THINGS ABOUT THE JOB
- This position affords the opportunity to work for a globally networked client which uses a very robust proprietary marketing-oriented planning framework.
- This client is a leading innovator in the industry and thirsty for market-first innovations.
- Ability to further your career in markets other than Philippines.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
In 3 months you would have:
Demonstrate understanding of the client using data to gain insight on business challenges. You will also be up to speed with the competitor landscape for the client’s industry.
In 6 months you would have:
Be the person whom the client goes to for day-to-day digital insight and activities. Begin to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges.
In 12 months you would have:
Mentor and handle performance appraisal for team and lead projects independently.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Assumes lead role in integration of client’s digital efforts and demonstrate full understanding of client’s businesses and marketing objectives as basis for all future projects, campaigns and initiatives
- Brings innovative/creative use of digital media and technology into brand strategy and idea development
- Evolves use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans with a focus to deliver on agreed KPI’s
- Drives strategic, insightful & tactical innovation linked to the brand goals across media platforms, including display, video, search, mobile, social
- Provides strategic leadership to clients
- Lead the digital conversation with clients and drive integration across media
- Partners with client leads to drive integrated digital solutions
- Regularly reviews strategy and recommends/implement improvements in the as needed
- Ensures KPIs are met
- Builds a Trusted Advisor relationship with clients – understands their needs, wants, expectations
- Understand clients’ category thoroughly
- Provides clients with a well-informed POV in meetings
- Provides timely and relevant reports to clients on campaigns, spends, etc…
- Updates the clients on new innovations, technology including new digital scenarios and implications.
- Work on creating Joint Business Planning(JBP) with key publishers
- Drives thought leadership internally and externally
- Manages and develops the digital team to meet business needs
- Responsible to nurture the digital team and develop capabilities in them which will enable the team to deliver path-breaking digital innovation and make an invaluable contribution to the client’s business
- Proactively reviews systems/processes and drive operational efficiency
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert in digital and delivers necessary trainings to the team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience in Digital Planning/Ecommerce or a strategic planning role, of which at least 3-4 years have been spent working on media/communications planning related business. Media agency experience optional but working knowledge of media planning required.
- Experience in developing and implementing various digital strategies.
- Experience in managing both small and large media budgets.
- An independent, self-driven and responsible individual, with multi-tasking and decision making abilities.
- Significant proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners.
- Detailed awareness of the digital industry, industry trends, consumer trends, market status and competition.
- A depth of understanding of the digital industry and consumer’s online media habits.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and number skills
- Passion for media
- Good understanding of media channels, both digital and traditional
- Ability to make an impact!
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team – . We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at and follow us on Twitter and and .
GroupM Malaysia is situated in the prime location of Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya. Malaysia is a multi-racial and multicultural country, there is a strong “Muhibbah” culture and the office environment is full of “Semangat” as half of our talent are below the age of 30.
You can expect diversity, strong collaboration and a fun yet dynamic environment here! With endless growth opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals, we provide the support to enable ambitions to come to life. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career in media, there is no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Job date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 23:33:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Associate #Director #Digital #Lead #Kuala #Lumpur #Malaysia