Branch Operations Manager, SRAL Malaysia
Job title: Branch Operations Manager, SRAL Malaysia
Company: Swiss Re
Job description: About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
This is an appealing opportunity for a candidate looking for new challenges, where you will play a key role in the future development and success of the Malaysian Reinsurance and Retakaful business.
As the Branch Operations Manager, you will have the management oversight responsibility of the branch operating platform, covering both P&C and L&H reinsurance and Retakaful business in Swiss Re Asia Pte Ltd., Malaysia Branch (SRAL Malaysia). You will be the Business Partner for SRAL Malaysia’s Location Head on legal entity management and operational excellence. This exciting role will require experience in branch operations, legal entity management, regulatory coordination, preferably some knowledge in Shariah and related operational governance.
As part of the Strategy and Operations team, you will be involved in the strategy implementation and preparation work, supporting the local client market team and the Head of Regional Branch Operations.
The key components of the role are:
Branch Operations & Legal Entity Management
- Collaborate with the relevant functions (mainly enabling functions) for the reinsurance and Retakaful business in Malaysia, have oversight on the local operating platform to ensure appropriate quality and output are delivered through a coordinated approach.
- Act as the Business Partner for the SRAL Malaysia’s location head in delivering the Branch Governance Framework in collaboration with relevant functions and to strengthen branch governance; make necessary adjustments to ensure complying with local regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with SRAL Malaysia’s location head in role of process manager and member of the Branch Management Committee bringing enabling functions and management together to ensure oversight and delivery of operational and governance related matters of SRAL Malaysia.
Functional responsibility to ensure compliance on Outsourcing and Business Continuity Governance in line with Swiss Re policies and local regulatory guidelines, reporting quarterly to the Branch Management Committee, and other regional governance bodies.
About the Team
Asia Strategy and Operations is team of out of the box thinkers, who are responsible for a wide and diverse range of topics. We provide a solid platform for the success of the Asia Region, by facilitating connections across functions, teams and initiatives.
This is an exciting team for people who enjoy navigating ambiguity to develop new content to address strategic opportunities and challenges. Team members need to be highly motivated to work both autonomously and with diverse partners across the region and globally, including with Senior Managers.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of branch operations and legal entity management with solid knowledge on how to apply regulatory guidelines.
- High level knowledge and expertise of the insurance and reinsurance industry and the legal and economic/ social environment in which it operates.
- Experience in managing relationship with Bank Negara Malaysia is preferred
- Knowledge of Shariah governance would be an added advantage.
- Prefer within knowledge of Swiss Re organization
- Demonstrated leadership capability in complex matrix organization, able to leverage relationships and apply leadership ‘authority’ in a wider sense, not limited to direct reporting lines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, able to influence and negotiate effectively with across functions/seniority levels
- Analytical and out of box thinking to drive the best solutions to fit circumstances
- Agile with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong skill of managing expectations and deadlines in face of complexity, conflicting pressure and ambiguous circumstances
- Good level of financial acumen
- Relevant industry qualification with minimum 7 years relevant industry experience and/or business degree
Reference Code: 101952
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:27:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Branch #Operations #Manager #SRAL #Malaysia