Business Development Specialist – Managed Services (Australia Flexible)
Job title: Business Development Specialist – Managed Services (Australia Flexible)
Job description: Employment Type Permanent
Closing Date 13 Jul 2021 11:59pm
Job Title Business Development Specialist – Managed Services (Australia Flexible)
Focus of the role
As a Business Development Specialist, you make an important contribution in identifying new business opportunities for Telstra through managing relationships with customers and key decision makers. You apply your excellent listening and relationship building skills to identify requirements and define solutions that deliver value to our business and our customers. Your ability to drive customer retention and identify new business opportunities sees you contribute to the growth of Telstra.
This is how you bring your role to life:
- Take accountability for the management of assigned portfolio of accounts, leveraging sound interpersonal skills to nurture the customer relationship to ensure retention, generate new business and contribute to sales revenue growth.
- Take ownership for seeking out the support and guidance of account executives as required to establish, maintain, and execute account plans that have been endorsed by customers, including taking responsibility for selling pre-defined offers.
- Actively contribute to the identification of issues and information needs, delivering efficient responses to potential business development opportunities. This includes supporting the identification of requirements and defining solutions that combine several products and services to generate innovative options for customers.
- Obtain input and conduct research to support the identification of business leads and business improvement opportunities through evaluating potential partnership opportunities, performing competitor research, and supporting the development of business cases for new business targets.
- Support the development of regular reporting to monitor portfolio performance against defined financial and customer targets (revenue, profitability, NPS).
- Authentically collaborate with peers, team members and key stakeholders across Telstra (e.g. solution sales, account executives) to build an understanding of customer needs to develop suitable sales solution recommendations.
- Participate in knowledge sharing initiatives (market insights, customer focused cross-functional collaboration) that contribute to the development of sales and market trend knowledge that translate into customer sales solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to understand Managed Services across Network, Security and Data Centre/Cloud technologies, and use this knowledge to build propositions that solve customers’ challenges and business outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in a business related or ICT field would be typical for this role.
- Desirable – Certifications in relevant industry or vendor organisations e.g. Microsoft, ITIL, AWS, Cisco, at fundamental or associate level.
- Desirable – Challenger Sales approach and experience in Miller Heiman and other leading sales methodologies
Business to Business Sales, Collaboration, Commercial Acumen, Communication – verbal and written, Customer Centricity, Demand Creation, Developing Sales Solution, Growth Mindset, Problem Solving, Prospecting, Relationship Management, Sales Management, and Stakeholder Management.
Interested? Apply Now!
If you’re excited about the opportunity to be part of vibrant team, committed to delivering amazing experiences for our customers – this could be the role for you!
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:45:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Business #Development #Specialist #Managed #Services #Australia #Flexible