Chief of Party II, I-WASH, Guatemala
Job title: Chief of Party II, I-WASH, Guatemala
Company: Catholic Relief Services
Job description: Job Title: Chief of Party II – I-WASH
Reports to: CRS Guatemala Country Representative
Department: CRS Guatemala
Salary Grade: 12
This position is contingent on funding.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Chief of Party II you will provide vision, leadership, and overall management of the Integrating Water Supply, Sanitation, and Hygiene services (I-WASH) Activity to work with local municipalities and the private sector to ensure rural Guatemalans have a reliable water service that is chlorinated and adequate for human consumption, improved sanitation facilities, and establish the habit of practicing optimal hygiene behaviors. Your strategic leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in the WASH field as well as strengthening the position of local partners to assume leadership. As a senior leader you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks. Guatemalan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the development, implementation, and consolidation of the USAID IWASH Activity, including sharing how the project contributes to the thought leadership of the industry. Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders.
- Ensure the project is designed and implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability.
- Ensure coordination between program and operations leads. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Promote, uphold, and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance with USAID grants, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USAID. Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
- Represent CRS programming in international circles, highlighting innovative work. Publish program results and deliver presentations. Oversee the development of communication strategies and materials, complying with donor and CRS’ branding and marketing requirements and procedures.
- Manage relationships with consortium partner organizations, with special emphasis on implementing CRS best practices related to partner capacity strengthening in preparation for the transition to local partner prime leadership. Organize review/planning workshops, as well as coordinate the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations for implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality training and technical assistance.
Required Languages – Professional fluency in English and Spanish in both written and oral communication.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- Deputy Chief of Party
- Technical Leads
- Finance and Operations Leads
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Sr. Program Manager for Childhood and Youth, Head of Programs, Finance Director, Head of Operations, Supply Chain Manager, Human Resources
External: Ministry of Health, Municipal authorities, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources, USAID Mission, partner consortium leads, private sector partners
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrated coaching, mentoring and capacity building skills, including ability to effectively engage with teams remotely.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Prior experience as a Chief of Party or comparable senior leadership position
- Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects with WASH
- Experience engaging partners (local organizations, private sector, government, etc.) and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
- Ability to represent and present at high levels.
- Experience in Guatemala or Central America strongly preferred.
- Experience in MS Office package (MS Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Education, or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred.
- 10 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience.
- 7 years’ experience managing donor funds,
- Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- 5 years of staff management experience with skills in teambuilding, adult learning, and staff development.
- Extensive experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Ciudad de Guatemala
Job date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 06:36:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Chief #Party #IWASH #Guatemala