Chief of Party (Philippines Sustainable Investments for Biodiversity, Oceans and Landscapes Project)
Job title: Chief of Party (Philippines Sustainable Investments for Biodiversity, Oceans and Landscapes Project)
Company: RTI International
Job description: Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a non-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects in learning, energy, environment, as well as other disciplines. Around the globe, the International Development Group’s Learning, Energy and Environment for Development (LEED) Division is a growing Division with an expanding portfolio of work. The Environment Team brings a breadth of experience from around the world in areas of biodiversity conservation, natural resources management, climate change and adaptation, climate-resilience, low emissions, sustainable landscape planning, as well as familiarity applying cross-cutting USAID priorities, including private sector engagement, GYESI, improved governance an inclusive planning approaches to programs related to climate, environment and natural resource management.
The USAID-funded Philippines Sustainable Investments for Biodiversity, Oceans and Landscapes (SIBOL) project is a $22 million, 5-year cooperative agreement that aims to improve the way that natural resources and the areas from which these are derived are governed and address the drivers of natural resources insecurity by addressing both the supply of and demand for natural resources. The Activity is expected to help reduce environmental crimes and unsustainable environmental practices, sustainably manage the natural resources sector, and improve the governance of natural resources in the country.
RTI is hiring a Chief of Party on the awarded USAID-funded SIBOL activity. The COP will be responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution ensuring all project deliverables are exceptionally exceeded within budget and compliance. This position will provide project planning, oversight. Leadership, and coordination. The COP will build and maintain strong and favorable client, partner, community, home office and team relations. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines, and report to the SIBOL Project Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively collaborate with, and build coalitions among, diverse stakeholders, including multi-level government officials, civil society organizations, international and local law enforcement agencies, private sector representatives, local communities, and universities and institutions.
- Build innovative partnerships and promote sustainable initiatives.
- Facilitate interagency collaboration and coordination with other USAID programs.
- Manage technical and research teams for effective implementation.
- Manage communications team and strategizing on effective messaging, both at the local and national level.
- Manage any subcontracts and grants with local partners, ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Ensure inclusive leadership approach that will create a shared common vision and purpose that builds trust.
- Coordinate with other USAID programs and key stakeholders.
- Oversee performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure all project targets are met or exceeded – make recommendations for improvement in program implementation, in collaboration with the DCOP.
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensure compliance with accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Master’s degree in natural resources management/conservation or related field.
- Twelve years of experience in the implementation of large and complex projects relating to governance of natural resources management and/or biodiversity conservation, with a focus on research methodologies and data driven implementation.
- Five years proven leadership of similar sized international donor programs with strong skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Five years’ experience working closely with senior government officials in SE Asia, Philippines preferred.
- Five years’ experience building more effective working relationships between government officials and private sector partners in natural resources management, biodiversity conservation, and/or enforcement of conservation regulations.
- Experience working at the national level on natural resource policy frameworks in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Experience working in SE Asia region required; experience in the Philippines highly desired.
Location: Manila City, Metro Manila
Job date: Thu, 13 May 2021 22:50:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Chief #Party #Philippines #Sustainable #Investments #Biodiversity #Oceans #Landscapes #Project