Commercial Department Manager | M&S | Muscat , Oman
Job title: Commercial Department Manager | M&S | Muscat , Oman
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 96565
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Commercial Department Manager should have an extensive experience on Food and Hospitality business in addition to the passion to drive results and the potential to lead people. They should be multitasking, very effective on influencing people and managing complexities of M&S Food business. They should be an engaging personality and be comfortable with taking customer feedback, helping customers to have the best customer journey in an M&S Food Store or Café environment.
- Co-ordinates people resource and activity to ensure right people in the right place to deliver the sales plan
- Takes part in commercial walk rounds with Store Manager and store visitors.
- Complete probes and ensures the actions are delivered.
- Keeps up to date with all key communication documents and takes appropriate action.
- Organises resource to ensure optimum stock levels for opening and throughout the trading day
- Co-ordinate the deliveries, early morning fill / ambient operation in line with the FIFO.
- Manages shelf availability to deliver accurate results for the store.
- Co-ordinates stock accuracy adjustments and ensures activity is delivered within relevant timelines.
- Maintains knowledge of the day to day stock holding in the store and can co-ordinate resource to ensure availability is maintained throughout the day.
- Organises resource to deliver corporate layout, phase changes, floor plan and planogram implementation
- Co-ordinate resource to deliver launches and phase change implementation.
- Organise resource to deliver floor plan implementation.
- Carries out decor and equipment checks and implements follow up actions.
- Co-ordinates resource across zones and Key service areas to ensure customer needs are met
- Ensure all of the Zones, tills and key service areas are resourced and reacts on a daily basis to meet the needs of our customers.
- Responds to and deals with Customer queries, concerns and complaints.
- Flexible approach to working in other areas of the store to meet customer demands.
- Guides, coaches and leads the Store team which help improve the customer shopping experience
- Ensures a memorable shopping experience by engaging with and making a personal connection with the customer.
- Delivers great service for our customers and role models ‘Service -Doing the Right Thing’ and our 4 key service behaviours at all times – ‘Being Positive, Being Determined, Taking Ownership & Responsibility and Being Respectful’.
- Observes service delivery and provides feedback to individuals who do not demonstrate the key service behaviours.
- Recognises individuals who deliver excellent service by giving feedback and nominations to reward those who provide excellent customer service.
Ready to Trade Standards
- Co-ordinates resource across zones to ensure that ‘packet perfect standards’ are maintained.
- Provides guidance and feedback to customer assistants on hygiene standards.
- Ensures standards at all service points are maintained throughout the day.
- Co-ordinates resource and allocates Due Diligence activities to ensure department is trading safely and legally
- Co-ordinates DEF Reduction and removal.
- Completes / prepares compliance paperwork for Sign Off.
- Carries out Duty Management role before store opens / post closure.
- Manages the bag and locker checks / till to ensure dual control compliance and protection of the individual being searched.
- Manages a committed team who feel fully engaged, supported and recognised for their contribution
- Communicates effectively and engages team through team briefs and huddles.
- Takes time to ensure employees understand the part they play in delivering their accountabilities.
- Provides regular feedback to team members and recognises individuals who perform well in their role.
- Understands Engagement Survey scores and takes action to drive improvements across the team/department/store.
- Drives individual performance and develops potential
- Delivers the performance review process within agreed time frames and drives delivery of consistent standards of performance and behaviour.
- Agrees stretching targets for their team and takes appropriate action to deal with poor performance in a timely manner.
- Takes an active role in ensuring all new and existing employees develop the skills and experience to perform well in their roles.
- Identifies and develops talent through effective development planning.
- Identifies recruitment needs and takes active role in the selection of their team.
- Implements Company HR policies fairly and consistently across the store to drive improvements in attendance and behaviour.
- Takes Ownership for own development.
- Contributes to the store’s profitability through minimising losses and accurate staff cost management
- Plans and allocates staffing resource across the section through the use of rostering to ensure that the operational needs of the store are met and are within budget.
- Reviews individual transaction rate data and takes appropriate action to improve performance.
- Reduces idle time on tills by ensuring resource is redeployed appropriately
- Manages and plans holiday/vacation ceilings to ensure that the operational needs of the section and store are met.
- Ensures that there is an effective absence management process in place through the use of the return to work process.
Minimum Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge:
High School Educated (preferably an university degree), with on the job technical knowledge and related experience for Food and Hygiene
5+ years of retail/ F&B sales experience
Good verbal communication skills, F&B hygiene knowledge and certification
Connects with our customer and each other by being positive, determined, respectful and taking ownership & responsibility to actively sell.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 05:53:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Commercial #Department #Manager #Muscat #Oman