Communications & Graphic Design Consultant (Indonesia)
Job title: Communications & Graphic Design Consultant (Indonesia)
Company: Miyamoto International
Job description: Miyamoto International (Miyamoto) is a global multi-hazard engineering and disaster risk management firm that provides resiliency expertise that sustains economies, safeguards communities and saves lives around the world. Miyamoto is in business to make the world a better, safer place.
In collaboration with USAID, Miyamoto is implementing the . The USAID ADVANCE Program aims to increase private sector disaster preparedness, involvement, and coordination in disaster risk management for a reduction in lives lost, people injured, and social and economic disruption from an earthquake in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Miyamoto is currently seeking a Jakarta-based Communications Consultant who will be responsible for leading on the program’s Jakarta-based communication and graphic design activities. The Consultant will work closely with local, regional and global team members to design and disseminate strategic content.
Given the dynamic operating environment under COVID-19 conditions, it is anticipated that work will take place largely in a remote capacity in the immediate term. However, the ability to easily access key stakeholders in Jakarta in person and travel for interviews and activities as needed is critical. Any field activities must also comply with COVID-19 health protocols.
Scope of Work
- Attend internal meetings and review program documentation to understand the program objectives and key messages.
- Design interview guides, infographic outlines and video storyboards with Miyamoto communications specialist. Create the ambiance necessary for the recording of audio and videos and perform the necessary rehearsals to ensure a quality deliverable.
- Obtain participants’ consent for participation in interviews/recording and any copyrights for music used to guarantee Miyamoto will not have any claim for the use of material.
- Design 5-10 infographics, work with Miyamoto team to review, edit and finalize.
- Conduct and record interviews with project staff and stakeholders.
- Develop motion graphics for video(s).
- Edit 1-2 videos, each 2-4 minutes long, work with Miyamoto team to review, edit and finalize.
- Work with the Miyamoto team on English/Indonesian translation and subtitles.
- Export all final versions in ready-to-share, high quality formats.
- Organize and label all original design files to share with Miyamoto.
Consultant must submit final products in high-resolution/high quality formats. The underlying message should encourage private sector engagement in disaster risk management and provide clear recommendations for taking action to reduce earthquake risk. As activities and program work develops, the final list of deliverables will evolve. However, overall, this list is anticipated to include:
- Interview guides
- Storyboards for each graphic and video
- Recorded (English transcription required when interviewed in Indonesian)
- 5-10 Infographics for social media (both English and Indonesian versions)
- 1-2 videos (2-4 minutes each) using animation and/or recorded interviews (with English/Indonesian subtitles)
The Consultant must provide all files of recordings and final edited versions to Miyamoto. All final video versions must be in files appropriate for sharing virtually via YouTube, news media, social media and projectors. All the rights of the resultant material of this consultancy will be exclusive property of Miyamoto International, as well as full or partial copying and reproduction rights.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with graphic design and strategic communications planning in Indonesia, including leading various aspects of project management. This role is based in Jakarta.
- A university degree in communications or related field
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience leading strategic communication activities and deliverables in Indonesia. A minimum of 5 years of related professional experience.
- Excellent graphic design and motion graphics skills.
- Expertise across Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, PremierePro).
- Access to reliable internet and personal equipment for communication, recording and editing, and graphic design (computer, camera(s), microphones, lighting, design program subscriptions).
- Practical knowledge of video and other material editing and production.
- Exceptional leadership and project management skills, including work planning & quality delivery with short deadlines.
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver effective communication materials in Indonesia, both in person and adapted to deliver remotely as needed.
- Highly organized, accountable, responsive and with the ability to work with remote teams across time zones and geographies.
- Professional fluency in both English & Indonesian (reading, writing and presentation), and comfort with basic translation.
- Knowledge of disaster risk reduction, humanitarian assistance and/or international development work desirable.
Job date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 22:55:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Communications #Graphic #Design #Consultant #Indonesia