Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in western coastal city
Job title: Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in western coastal city
Job description: This is a new role in a dynamic team of 13 consultant psychiatrists who work with dedicated team of dedicated team of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for people in a community setting with complex needs requiring specialist mental health services.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health service (CAMHS) is an experienced and motivated team, attending to clients from toddler ages up to 18 years of age.
The team relies on a variety of professions and skills, utilizing CBT, dynamic therapies, family interventions, Mindfulness and DBT groups, as well as a range of local primary services working in unison for the best interest of our community.
Whilst practising within your psychiatry set of skills, you will be exposed and taught about New-Zealand’s unique cultures, which you will incorporate into your practice.
The Mental Health and Addictions service (MHAS) hosts medical students from the University of Auckland. You will enjoy the benefits of teaching and supervising years 5 and 6, while having access to the University’s up to date resources.
The MHAS provides a wide range of specialist services within the Taranaki region that include:
- A 23 bed inpatient unit (4 beds – IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
As part of the MHAS service you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
- Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence.
- Participate in an on call 1:10 roster.
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide person centred care.
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace.
In this region of New Zealand, situated in the south west of the North Island, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Major attractions include Taraanki Mountain, Egmont National Park and the New Plymouth Coastal Walkway with Auckland just 50 minutes flight away and Wellington 60 minutes.
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or be able to show you are on the path to getting this (we can assist you with this)
- FRANZCP or equivalent Postgraduate qualification in psychiatry
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts and follow us on twitter for new positions @odysseymedic
Location: New Plymouth, Taranaki – Wellington
Job date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 07:57:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Consultant #Child #Adolescent #Psychiatrist #western #coastal #city