Content Writer – New Zealand PlanIt Maths
Job title: Content Writer – New Zealand PlanIt Maths
Job description: Location: Remote (New Zealand)
Pay: $23 NZD per hour
Contract: 6 Months
Hiring Manager: Louise Scott
As a Content writer for PlanIt Maths New Zealand, you will be helping to create a Maths scheme of work specifically designed for New Zealand educators and children. You will look at the Twinkl PlanIt product in the UK, reviewing what aspects align for the New Zealand market, and what aspects might need tweaking, changing, expanding or rewriting to create the best possible product for New Zealand educators. You will ideate and write engaging maths lessons and activities, helping us to deliver high-quality maths materials to children in New Zealand.
As part of a scrum team, you will work closely with colleagues to create and adapt materials to meet production deadlines.
Ongoing projects/how you’ll spend your day:
- Undergoing training for the first few weeks to understand all aspects of your new role
- Ideating and writing raw teaching content, before it moves through the production process
- Responding to and implementing feedback from our amazing Content Editors
- Attending two meetings/short stand-ups a week to update the team on your progress, raise issues and ask for support from your team mates
- Attending ad-hoc meetings with your trainer, buddy and line manager as needed
- Engaging with your teammates and contributing to the fun, supportive culture of our Kiwi and UK based team
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Possess strong, up to date knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum and best teaching practices
- Have an excellent understanding of teaching maths in a mainstream environment.
- Thrive working in a change-focused and dynamic environment
- Be highly computer literate, with MS office skills (particularly Word and PowerPoint) and experience using the Google Suite.
- Be good fun to be with and have the ability to communicate well with others
In this role, you will learn:
- How to write high quality educational content for NZ classrooms
- How to adapt an existing product to fit a new market.
- How to work utilising Agile Methodology and how a scrum team works together across different markets and countries.
You’ll work with:
- Imogen Wood (New Zealand Country Manager) – Imogen leads the New Zealand team from a strategic, product and marketing perspective in her Country Manager role.
- Other PlanIt NZ team members – the team will consist of Content Writers, Content Editors and Designers.
- Your line manager, who will be separate from the above
We’re interested in anyone who meets one, or a combination of the following:
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching), or
- Bachelor of Teaching (Primary), or
- Bachelor of Teaching and Learning (Primary) or a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or
- Diploma of Teaching
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please include this at the foot of your covering letter. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging – our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) – Our ever-evolving program includes: Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.
Expected salary: $23 per hour
Job date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:14:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Content #Writer #Zealand #PlanIt #Maths