Corporate EHS Manager – Canada
Job title: Corporate EHS Manager – Canada
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon is looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) professional to join the Corporate EHS team and lead EHS services at our corporate sites in Canada. The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about EHS, and able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements by engaging and building trust with stakeholders. The EHS Manager will report directly to the (AMER – Americas) EHS Manager, but will be required to work with a high level of autonomy as they will not be based in the same location.
The EHS Manager will be responsible for collaborating with local HR and Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) partners to implement Amazon Corporate EHS Standards as well as to ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. A successful EHS Manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust from the corporate business teams and help develop a strong safety culture while ensuring compliance.
EHS Manager Responsibilities:
· Possess a thorough and practical understanding of local/regional regulations. · Drive consistency across EHS programs in region.
· Implement EHS standards across sites.
· Provide EHS guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies and legal requirements. Manage the Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSC) at the sites.
· Manage the floor by floor safety boards for the sites.
· Work with Amazon Corporate Security, Facility Managers, and site leadership to enhance plans for responding to emergencies and disruptive events impacting employees at corporate sites.
· Develop and implement EHS programs to constantly improve EHS culture within corporate offices
· Conduct regular site walkthroughs to identify hazards, non-compliance and to improve controls.
· Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
· Support the AMER EHS Manager to deliver EHS strategic improvements. Conduct EHS risk assessment activities (Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs)).
· Deliver EHS related trainings.
· Cooperate with local environmental authorities and H&S agencies.
· Investigate EHS related incidents.
· Establish internal assessment/audit processes in alignment with Global and Regional strategic objectives.
· Ensure that site leadership and employees are trained and knowledgeable on their EHS responsibilities. Arrange and facilitate recruitment for EHS initiatives.
· Contribute to reduce environmental impacts and maintain a sustainable approach for corporate office activities.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one; a day to take a first step; a day to look forwards to new challenges; and today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great; a day to make your ideas come to life; and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon.
· 5+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental, and managing complex, multi-disciplinary, projects
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
· Has a demonstrable in-depth understanding of essential/relevant local EHS legislation.
· Ability to work autonomously and communicate effectively with EHS team in Seattle, WA.
· Availability to travel occasionally as required.
· Advanced degree or equivalent in a related field.
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 03:31:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Corporate #EHS #Manager #Canada