Country Director, Philippines
Job title: Country Director, Philippines
Company: University Research Co.
Job description: Type: Part-time (20-24 hours per week)
Reports to: Reports to Vice President/Regional Team Lead
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching under-served populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( ).
URC is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Country Director (CD) for the Philippines. The Country Director will have significant management and international experience, a passion for public health and development work, and be capable of successfully leading program teams and operations and improve the quality of our awards management and the results of our work.
The CD will provide technical and managerial guidance, and support to Project Directors and senior managers overseeing various projects in the country. He/she is directly responsible for implementing the overall country strategic planning, successful delivery and supporting performance management of country programs, and providing oversight of program support operations. In addition, the CD is responsible for strengthening country-level external relations and coordination.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and oversight to the portfolio of URC projects funded by USAID and other donors in the Philippines to ensure that all activities comply with URC and clients’ policies and procedures.
- Ensures technical oversight and quality assurance of project(s) and works with the COPs of various URC-managed projects to ensure that all projects meet targets and respond to the clients’ needs and priorities.
- Develops and monitors -specific strategic plans, work plans, proposals, protocols, papers, reports, and budgets to achieve specific project and company goals.
- Establishes serves, and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represents URC with US and local government agencies, funders, and partners; attends meetings and makes presentations on behalf of URC in the country.
- Supports in country business development and resource development efforts in close collaboration with URC HQ.
- Recruit, orient, and manage the Country Office staff.
- Ensures that appropriate office policies and procedures, including personnel policies, and systems are implemented.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in public health or related field.
- Minimum 10+ years relevant experience with international development programs, including 5+ years of supervisory experience, overseas field experience required;
- Proven leadership skills and experience of managing multidisciplinary teams;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex USAID health projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Proven expertise of leading in fundraising, seeking and securing new donors,
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Demonstrated success at proposal writing as well as management of large and complex grants;
- Experience or skills in external relations, business and resource development
- Written and verbal English communication skills.
- Language skills of the country/region preferred.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Location: Manila City, Metro Manila
Job date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 06:21:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Country #Director #Philippines