Country Manager- Germany
Job title: Country Manager- Germany
Company: Taylor Hopkinson
Job description: Seeking a Country Manager – Germany to join a leading Offshore Wind consultancy. The Country Manager will report to the Director of Europe and will be responsible for the direction and control of all commercial and operational aspects of the business in Germany. The Country Manager will be responsible for growing the company’s renewables business in Germany, initially focusing on the offshore wind segments of the market but also develop our hydrogen service offering. Their key priority will be profitable growth and broadening out to offer the company’s full consultancy portfolio to serve this geographic market.
The Country Manager will ensure efficient project delivery and service to all internal and external customers, and strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, whilst setting up the business in the region and achieving organic growth and financial success. The role will require close co-operation with other offices and teams to mobilise their support and to effect cross-selling where suitable activities present themselves.
- The primary responsibility is to manage the Country commercially and operationally to maximise profitability whilst ensuring quality, performance improvement and customer service delivery. The role is varied and will include, among other duties:
- Responsibility and accountability for the development and commercial performance of the company’s Germany unit (including setting budgets and strategic planning). The country manager will be expected to liaise with the Business Development Director on the planning and execution of sales and marketing.
- Provide leadership and direction for the company’s Germany team while working with the existing teams in the region to jointly market services where appropriate, share resources as appropriate and cross-sell opportunities wherever possible.
- Delivery of engineering deliverables as part of discrete assignments or supporting projects being delivered to clients in the offshore renewables sector on a global basis.
- Establishment and then maintenance of good client relationships with regular contact and checks on satisfaction regarding service provision and delivery expectations.
- Development and achievement of collective goals (including regional goals) with fellow senior managers and regional support functions.
- Author technical reports and present at conferences, all designed to showcase the company’s technical excellence. Encourage the team to do likewise.
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience within the Offshore Wind Industry
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline related to offshore renewable business
- An experienced manager with commercial experience and clear evidence of managing P&L within a business unit
- Substantial operational experience within a consultancy or utility
- Previous knowledge of the offshore wind sector
- Been responsible and can show a successful track record of identifying and converting opportunities into sales with the proven ability to deliver stretching financial and non-financial targets
- Team leading and management skills, with the ability to motivate and communicate well with others
- Well organized and self-directed individual with strong business/commercial skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Candidates must be willing to be based at and to work full time in Germany. Candidates must have the Right to Work in Germany
- The role is office based, but will require extensive travel to site, shipyards, client offices, etc. both in country and within the region.
Job date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 00:22:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Country #Manager #Germany