Country Manager Vietnam
Job title: Country Manager Vietnam
Company: Federation Handicap International.
Job description: Mô Tả Công Việc
HI has been working in Vietnam for 30 years, mostly in the fields of health and prevention (mother and child health and road safety), rehabilitation (rehabilitation care for persons with spinal cord injury and brain lesions), education (access to inclusive education for children with disabilities) and livelihoods (access to decent work for people with disabilities).
Today, HI’s only project in Vietnam is a nation-wide rehabilitation project, funded by the USAID and Fondation Botnar, started in October 2015 and is expected to last for 8 years (until September 2023). The project’s goal is to improve quality of life of persons with brain lesions, especially those with brain stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy and/or spina bifida/hydrocephalus, by improving access and quality of rehabilitation services. In order to do so, the project develops 4 main approaches:
- Strengthening of rehabilitation service delivery (equipping rehabilitation departments and units in hospitals; supporting the development of multidisciplinary, person-centred and evidence-based services; translation and validation of internationally recognized assessment tools and scales; strengthening discharge and transitional care from hospital to home, supporting house accessibility improvement and provision of assistive devices…)
- Building Human Resources’ capacities and skills (development of Continuing Medical Education modules; development and strengthening of professional education programs –bachelor and/or master for OTs and PTs; mentoring of rehab care providers through placement of volunteers…)
- Strengthening governance and networking (development of National Rehabilitation Guidelines; organization and/or participation to national and international conferences; improvement of managerial practices…)
- Improving awareness among general population and local authorities on home accessibility and independent living
Under the direct management of the Regional Program Director based in Laos, your main responsibilities are:
- You are the official representative in the area for the whole of HI, both internally and externally, and promotes the excellent reputation and positive image of HI.
- You are responsible for developing and implementing the project part of the Country Programme operational strategy for the country in which you are based
- You contribute to organisational transformation in line with the Simplification, Shared Services and ROOTS projects. In the event of an emergency, you take responsibility in accordance with the response framework defined.
- Under the guidance of the Technical Unit, country-level MEAL and Support Service managers, and deploying all appropriate tools, you ensure the monitoring of operations in the area, as well as financial control, compliance with HI policies and frameworks (in particular HI Project Monitoring & Evaluation policy) and respect of contractual engagements towards donors.
- You actively monitor and analyze developments in the context in your geographical area in order to identify risks and opportunities, and proposes actions to the Regional Director
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- Bachelor or Master degree in related field (political sciences, humanitarian work, public health, rehabilitation…)
- 5 years of experience working in disability and Community Rehabilitation
- At least 7 years working experience as humanitarian worker managing teams, particularly in generalist positions (Project/Program Manager, Area Manager, Country Manager) and and leadership of multi-cultural and multi-sector teams, on-site and remotely
- Project management experience of at least US$1 million per year. Experience managing USAID funds will be an asset
- Working experience with a public health system. Working experience with Vietnamese health system will be highly valued
- Fluent in English. Vietnamese and /or French will be an asset.
- Working experience in Vietnam will be an asset.
- Position open to Vietnamese people and expatriates. Priority will be given to Vietnamese citizens if profile compliant.
- Starting date: August 1st, 2021
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract until September 30, 2023.
- Wage: According to profile and experience
- 24 hours insurance for employee and dependents
- 40 hours a week with 2,5 days annual leave /month
- 13th salary
- 0,5 month severance allowance per 01 worked year.
- We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
- Expatriate package for international staff: family position, 11 days of r&r, 1 ticket flight every 12 months, not 13th month salary & severance allowance but per diem according to HI internal regulations, children allowance + support to school fees.
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HI promotes and upholds the principles of equal opportunities and its policies (PSEAH, Child Protection etc). HI has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or a child by any of our staff, representatives or partners. Recruitment to all jobs in HI includes, in particular, criminal record checks and the collection of relevant references. Safeguarding our beneficiaries is our top priority in everything we do.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
To apply for the position, send your CV and cover letter via VietnamWorks. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Location: Hà Nội
Job date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:38:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Country #Manager #Vietnam