Crop Protection Category Manager, Canada
Job title: Crop Protection Category Manager, Canada
Company: Farmer’s Business Network
Job description: COMPANY OVERVIEW
Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the and , and were also named ” ” by Fast Company Magazine.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled leaders who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The Canadian Crop Protection Manager will strategically price our core products, make frequent changes to the S&OP, and be closely aligned with the decisions of the procurement team. Being able to use data effectively to make decisions and set strategy is a core competency required to be successful in this role. As a conduit between Sales, Management, and Procurement, it is imperative that you have very strong communication skills in order to set the correct expectations cross functionally. This team’s mission is to drive Crop Protection strategy in a way that simultaneously benefits our farmer members, and accelerates our market share growth over the next 5 years.
The Canadian Crop Protection Manager will lead the demand planning, pricing strategy and set overall strategy for crop protection and biological products.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Develop demand plans for multiple time horizons for use in sales and operations planning and supply planning
- Interact with marketing, sales, customer service, supply chain operations and finance to facilitate the planning process
- Lead process, provide training and coaching of demand planning at all levels of FBN Direct
- Work closely with the sales management team to aggregate their forecasts, refine the data, and build a demand plan for the procurement team
- Use multiple sources of data to evaluate market size and macroeconomic factors which can impact demand
- Act as a subject matter expert in discussions about CP label investments, product placement, agronomy and competitive reactions to FBN
- Monitors performance to the monthly, quarterly and annual demand plans. Measures and reports actual vs. planned performance and bias overall by market segment, sales territory, product family and mix
- Acts as the focal point for supply planning and assists in the resolution of issues related to supply and demand imbalances, product allocation and deviations from planned inventory levels
- Leader with superior analytical skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills and who can see the “big picture” while still paying attention to detail
- Capable of presenting forecasts to all levels of management with supporting analysis and assumptions
- Results driven and possesses a strong sense of personal accountability and bias for action
- Proficient at managing multiple priorities and meeting commitments
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- At least 7+ years of Crop Protection industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of Crop Protection products and how they are used by farmers in Canada.
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Proficient in the advanced use of Excel functions and capabilities for data analysis
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction, including FBN’s mission and vision
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or advanced degree or Diploma
- At least 7 years of experience in agriculture
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.
- Advanced experience working with Excel, Google Sheets and tableau
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program .
FBN is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please fill out .
Job date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 23:05:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Crop #Protection #Category #Manager #Canada