Curriculum Development and Training Expert on Plea Bargaining Consultancy in the Philippines
Job title: Curriculum Development and Training Expert on Plea Bargaining Consultancy in the Philippines
Job description: TITLE : Curriculum Development and Training Expert on Plea Bargaining Consultancy in the Philippines
DATE: Start Date June 1, 2021
REPORTS TO : Country Director
LEVEL OF EFFORT: 25 days
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice, and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more than a decade, ABA ROLI has focused on improving court efficiency, increasing business sector confidence, combating corruption, and expanding access to justice in the Philippines. By continuously working with a broad coalition of local partners—trial and appellate courts, the Supreme Court, the Philippine Judicial Academy, the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, universities, law schools, and a spectrum of civil society representatives—ABA ROLI is building local capacity to champion and uphold the rule of law.
ABA ROLI is currently implementing the Access to Justice and Support for the Rule of Law in the Philippines Program (ACCESS), a USAID funded five-year Program designed to bolster the rule of law and enhance access to justice in the Philippines. This goal is directed towards the most vulnerable communities in the Philippines, those whose rights are least protected, interests ignored, and ability to access a fair and predictable legal system most restricted. Through ACCESS, ABA ROLI endeavors to continue providing support for the efficient and fair administration of justice in the Philippines in partnership with key institutions.
Consultant Curriculum Development & Training Expert (CDE)
This short-term consultancy requires the services of a curriculum specialist who will provide competency based curriculum design, and implementation of a training curriculum on the current framework for plea bargaining (PB) in the Philippines.
I. Scope of Work
The role of the CDE will be to take the lead on the full cycle of curriculum design and development, including field research design/desk reviews and situational analysis, curriculum design, and piloting of the curriculum. The training curriculum will be an interactive format and able to be implemented via an online platform.
The CDE will carry out the following specific tasks:
- Preparation of workplan/inception report outlining methodology to be undertaken in the development of the PB Training Curriculum
- Supporting the whole curriculum development process based on the approved inception report,
- Organize and facilitate consultation meetings with relevant government agencies in preparation for the conduct of the workshop on the Plea-Bargaining Curriculum and the piloting of the Curriculum.
- Implementation of the workshop in collaboration with local partners and ABA ROLI for the development of the draft curriculum including compulsory preparation readings and testing. Prepare a report on the outcomes of the workshop;
- Finalize draft Training Curriculum.
- Work with a learning specialist to convert the curriculum to a blended course (30% face to face and 70% online) and a 100% online course, together with the corresponding objectives of the course, training methodology and evaluation of skill acquisition.
- Present draft Curriculum to stakeholders.
- Incorporate changes and comments on the draft curriculum and submit final curriculum for approval.
- Implement two pilot trainings for target lawyers; Evaluate efficacy of training curriculum; and Prepare the Training Assessment Report.
II. Selection Criteria
Education, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor of Laws Degree or Juris Doctor Degree; or other relevant degree; A Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience preferably with curriculum development, training, and teaching experience in relation to rules on criminal procedure or related subject matter.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a broad cross-section of stakeholders.
· Experience in creating and implementing similar training activities.
· Experience in drafting competency-based training curricula which can be utilized for a variety of training media, including online platforms and hybrid delivery.
III. Performance Period, Reporting and Deliverables
The CDE contract will be for a maximum period of 8 weeks. The level of effort for this short-term consultancy is 25 days. The CDE will directly coordinate with the Senior Program Manager and/or Senior Program Officer for discharging all functions pertaining to this assignment.
The CDE will be expected to provide the following deliverables:
Level of Effort
Work Plan/Inception Report submission/Table of contents of Curriculum
Conduct necessary desk review and consultation meetings with key stakeholders
Planning and organization of workshops with key stakeholders to develop draft competency-based training curriculum
Submission of the write shops report with the training curriculum and module for both blended and online learning
Incorporating any revisions and submission of the draft curriculum and training module
Submission of training curriculum and module final draft incorporating the feedback, comment, and suggestion from the previous presentation.
Conduct first Pilot Training on Plea Bargaining using the training module
Submission of Training Assessment Report
Incorporating any learnings from the initial pilot testing of the curriculum and conduct second Pilot
Submission of Final Training Assessment Report
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to [email protected] including their daily rate. Applications will be reviewed on the basis of experience relevant to the assignment, professional qualifications and competence, approach and methodology, and price. Due to the high volume of applications, you will only be contacted if you are shortlisted.
Job date: Fri, 14 May 2021 22:28:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Curriculum #Development #Training #Expert #Plea #Bargaining #Consultancy #Philippines