Data Analyst II
Job title: Data Analyst II
Job description: At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving transportation and delivery in the region, and now we are expanding into Payment and we’re launching a super-app, hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps, to further simplify and improve people’s everyday life.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100+ cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovation with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
The Careem Analytics team’s mission is to build and track the full lively picture for Careem businesses and experiences, uphold the experience bar, provide actionable insights, formulate problems and contribute to solving them. As part of this team, you will be a core team member fulfilling this mission. You will be working alongside the top analyst talent of the region, leveraging modern analysis and visualization tools to solve the region’s day to day problems.
- Act as the first point of contact to answer all business data queries
- Develop effective reporting solutions by utilizing engineering best practices and various reporting tools
- Participate in continuous improvement of these reporting solutions
- Drive and support your designated business unit by converting complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Present appropriate analysis and commentary to technical and non-technical audience
- Gain subject matter expertise and help define appropriate key metrics for the business unit and discover untapped areas for business improvement
- Provide concrete data-driven insights
- Test and communicate new features to users
- Run regular data integrity audits
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working in an analytical role
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools creating management dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and a passion to work with large sets of data
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Expert at writing SQL queries against large amounts of data
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with good attention to detail
- Working knowledge with reporting tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy or Looker
Job date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 06:54:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!