Data Governance Manager HSBC China
Job title: Data Governance Manager HSBC China
Job description: HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. We combine global expertise and technology to help keep us thriving in the competition.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain a detailed audit of HSBC core systems and information assets that are held in thesesystems, as well as the teams and processes that use them
- Create and maintain ownership accountability of corporate data systems
- Develop standards, policies and procedures to support the creation and provide technical assurance for the on-going implementation of the data governance policy within the business
- Manage the delivery of the data governance programme
- Lead and develop teams across HSBC to ensure data governance policies and practices are embedded throughout the country
- Help establish best practice and ownership of the corporate taxonomy and ontology, and develop rules
- Align the data governance programme to the enterprise information strategy
- Embed and align HSBC information security strategy with any data governance programs and initiatives
- Use specialist knowledge and expertise to identify improvements through reducing data redundancy and appropriate data reuse
- Continually assess and identify risks in line with the HSBC risk management approach, ensuring they are mitigated and accounted for work within the data governance programme
- Support and supervise information stewardship activities and management of data quality, retention and uses
- Develop and enforce data quality metrics outside of the data warehouse
- Identify and develop policies and standards that need to be put in place to ensure the role can be carried out effectively and efficiently
- Support project planning and management to ensure best practice and legal frameworks are followed with regards to data governance
- Implement Operational Effectiveness and BCBS239 in BAU
- Assist with Assurance Audit on Operational Effectiveness
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience.
- 2+ years in a senior management role, with Board level change or transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Ability to maintain composure and drive right outcomes under high profile business scrutiny, incorporating change management
- Excellent numerical skills and attention to detail combined with a strong delivery focus and ability to meet aggressive timeframes with quality results
- Excellent planning, organising and commercial skills including strong financial management capability with tenacity to drive through results
- Strong relationship management capabilities, with great influencing skills and gravitas
- Highly effective negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and self managed. Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy combined with a decisive collaborative nature
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skill
- Balance approach to risk management including techniques to mitigate risk
- Ability to interact and build relationship with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Operates well across cultures and in multicultural diverse work environment
- Relevant degree or post graduate qualification
- Proven experience of working across cultures in a global environment
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. /TZ
Issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited
Share this job:
Join our Talent Community so that we can keep you updated and informed of the latest happenings at HSBC.
Job date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 04:45:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Data #Governance #Manager #HSBC #China