Database Administrator Spec I
Job title: Database Administrator Spec I
Company: United Arab Emirates University
Job description: – Manage and maintain University Enterprise Databases, Application Servers and Data Warehouse environments. The DBA is responsible to ensure availability, integrity, and security of enterprise databases.
– Manage and administer University ERP Systems. DBA is responsible to ensure the availability and security of the ERP system
– Provide support to Application Teams in development procedures related to Databases, Database Servers and Application Servers & Data Warehousing maintenance, security and archiving.
– Provides expert advice and direction in database technologies and disciplines including database administration, database design and development for transactional, reporting, and warehouse system solutions.
– Ensure the availability, accuracy, reliability and integrity of the University’s data stored in the enterprise database environments.
– Ensure the efficient and effective execution of work by the database & data warehousing team.
– Manage the change management process of all the development, testing and production environments.
– Responsible to document and keep updated the enterprise database architecture.
– Responsible to manage and perform the scheduled activities as assigned by the Director, EAI.
– Install and upgrade database servers, clients and application development programs in development, test and production environments.
– Allocate and plan system storage for all future requirements.
– Provide support and expert advice to enterprise application developers throughout application development lifecycle as required.
– Manage database users’ accounts.
– Control and monitor users’ access to the database as per industry standards to provide a secure environment.
– Monitor and fine-tune the performance of all enterprise databases in all environments as appropriate.
– Manage and monitor database backup and recovery processes to ensure recovery in case of a disaster.
– Provide support for other teams as appropriate during upgrades and installations.
– Responsible for expanding the scope and changing the structure of the existing Databases & Data Warehouse in accordance with strategic goals and user requirements.
– Flexible to work outside of business hours and be on call duties.
– Monitor, maintain and tune application servers.
– Metadata management, ETL, governance and data quality.
– Provide positive, pro-active, thoughtful, and timely customer service to end-users.
– Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
– Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
– Technical Expertise in managing complex and advanced database systems in an ERP environment preferably Banner ERP (Ellucian).
– 5 years working experience with large scale Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
– Must have expert knowledge of Oracle database and SQL Server database installation, upgrade, patching, tuning and maintenance.
– Must have hands on technical experience in managing Oracle advanced features such as RAC, ASM and Replication.
– Must have hands on technical experience in managing SQL Server High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
– Strong experience with data warehousing, database partitioning, and support of reporting and business intelligence area.
– Strong project management skills, including project planning, communication, status and issue tracking, and delivery of on-time results.
– Must have experience with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle DEVELOPER and Oracle data integrator.
– Must have development experience in SQL server SSAS and SSIS.
– Experience with UNIX/Linux Operating Systems and Windows server operating systems.
– Oracle SQL Server certification is preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, information systems, or related field.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Location: Al Ain, Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 08:30:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Database #Administrator #Spec