Job title: Designer Engineer
Job description: Eaton’s Connection Technologies Division is currently seeking for a Designer Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Santiago, Dominican Republic facility.
Eaton welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Eaton Connection Technologies is a world leader in the harsh environment interconnect solutions market with a culture of operational excellence. We design, manufacture and market high performance and high reliability interconnect solutions for the aviation, defense, space, energy, and transportation markets.
Responsibilities: * Development, documentation, and implementation of R&D activities of assigned products including, but not limited to, design, testing, construction, production, and product analysis;
- Responsible for the performance of professional work in developing & maintaining composite products including, but not limited to, material selection, processing, testing, documenting, part tooling, plating, marking, and the overall implementation process to secure JSC as a leading manufacturer of these products;
- Perform routine engineering work in the application of standard techniques, procedures, processes, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks;
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of component part number structure including, but not limited to, existing and new products, design folders for data entry, and related design standards;
- Contribute to successful implementation of cost reduction projects related to product design, manufacturing, or process activities;
- Process engineering change notices including the coordination of affected departments resulting in an affective sequence of date change with minimum cost impact
- Prepare calculations and analysis to support new product and existing product design changes including, but not limited to, checking designers work to company / customer design specifications, and checking application engineers work to customer expectations and specifications
- Prepare feasibility, prototype and production documentation using accepted design practices and processes. Recommend appropriate materials, surface finish, welding, brazing, heat treatment, or other known or new processes that will insure product performance and integrity as defined by specification or customer application requirements
- Assist the senior engineer or senior designers, under direct supervision, in the development, cost reduction and / or enhancement of existing or new products.
- Responsible for resolving manufacturing related issues with component designs including implementing changes to enhance product integrity and manufacturing capability.
- Cad drawing software, Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheet along with other PC based software, company business system.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must have good analytical abilities, be creative and initiative, and the ability to prepare technical papers for oral presentations
- Preferrable: Capable of interpreting military specifications and have a good understanding of engineering drawing practices IAW MIL-STD-100 & ANSI Y14.5.
Education & Qualifications
- B.S. in mechanical, design engineering, or related engineering fields.
- Experience in related fields.
- Preferred: Experience with product design and development in a manufacturing environment;
- Advanced English.
Job date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 05:53:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!