Director for Centro educativo Las Morochas
Job title: Director for Centro educativo Las Morochas
Company: Centro Educativo Las Morochas
Job description: Descripción * CELM HEAD OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To lead the international school effectively ensuring high standards of academic excellence in well-rounded and holistic educational programs, inspiring a community of life-long learners, through the leadership and management of the staff, growth and financial sustainability of the campus, and supporting the CELM vision and core values and strategic aims.
Number of staff – 30-80
Number of students – 30 to 100
1. Contribute to the strategy development across the COGNIA-AMISA Accredited Schools and work with the Board of Directors, Leadership Team, School staff and community to develop a strategic plan for the School’s future.
2. Refine and review the School’s statement of philosophy and objectives, working with the community, faculty, staff and students, and provide the direction necessary for the philosophy and objectives to be translated into policy and practice in the School.
3. Provide international education vision and direction by identifying and promulgating best practice across teaching and learning in the School.
4. Use data and the benchmarking of every child’s learning to drive instruction strategies and curriculum development, incorporating new technologies into teaching and learning.
5. Establish a detailed program for faculty and staff professional development, to help, lead and direct the teachers to continuously improve their performance and achieve academic excellence.
6. A wider contribution as part of the Leadership Team e.g. Attending Leadership Team meetings. Curriculum Development
7. Take the lead on the development of the curriculum, ensuring that the process is on-going and inclusive of the concepts of assessment, learning styles and differentiation, so that the curriculum that the School offers is both international and future focused, informs, inspires, challenges and develops every child and meets the inspection, accreditation and evaluation processes of SACS, AMISA and COGNIA.
Organization & Staff Management
1. Plan, allocate clear individual accountabilities (job descriptions), communicate, support and evaluate the work undertaken by groups, teams and individuals, ensuring the clear delegation of tasks across teachers and other staff so that changes and improvements in the School are delivered to time and quality.
2. Ensure high standards and continued educational developments by monitoring data and performance based on SMART Objectives and working with the other senior leaders to ensure good teaching practice, innovation and improvement.
Improve School Facilities
1. Develop and maintain the School’s facilities, working closely with the Facilities team, to ensure the campus is safe and offers the best possible environment for students and staff.
1. Take an active interest in the daily life of all students, ensuring discipline and high standards of behavior and attendance in the School and motivating the students to achieve high standards of academic excellence.
2. Monitor and review the range of academic, career and social/ emotional guidance services for students to ensure best practice is adopted, children’s and young people’s welfare is safe-guarded and high standards are maintained.
3. Maintain an extensive co-curricular program(ASA), including a large variety of activities and sporting teams for students, to enhance the breadth of opportunities that the School offers creating a high profile for the School externally and with parents
4. Promote the school in the local community and more broadly across Maracaibo, Valencia, Caracas, so that, student places are filled with suitably qualified children and young people each year.
5. Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and the wider community to ensure that they support the School’ direction and understand the School’s ethos and approach.
6. Keep up to date the Venezuela Ministry of Education registration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Significant experience of Academic Leadership, strategic leadership and management in schools and substantial experience in an international context with a proven ability to promote international mindedness in staff and students.
2. Passionate about education and people development – a commitment to delivering an outstanding holistic education to all students.
3. Ability to inspire students, staff and parents through being an involved and visible presence on campus.
4. Collaborative leadership style.
5. Strong people management and professional development competencies.
6. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
7. Analytical and Problem solving skills.
8. Understanding of school enrollment strategies and the relationship with an organizational business model.
9. Experience of managing school budgets and financial management.
10. Ability to deal with constant change.
11. Proven commitment to safeguarding of children and staff.
12. Some experience of working in an organization of schools.
13. Good understanding of national education policies, legislation and compliance.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
1. School Admin team for the day to day running of the School and its development
2. Board and Coordinators staff, students, staff and parents
3. Other Heads and senior leaders in AMISA, COGNIA, VANAS, MPPPE
4. Other Schools within and outside AMISA, COGNIA, VANAS, MPPPE to contribute to the development of the education system and to create a network of contacts in local, private and international schools
CELM Board of Directors
Requerimientos * Educación Mínima: Universidad
- Años de experiencia: 3
- Idiomas: Inglés
- Disponibilidad de Viajar: Si
- Disponibilidad de Cambio de Residencia: Si
- Personas con discapacidad: Sí
Location: Lagunillas, Edo. Zulia
Job date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 22:15:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Director #Centro #educativo #Las #Morochas