Director – Strategic Accounting Solutions – Audit & Assurance – Hong Kong
Job title: Director – Strategic Accounting Solutions – Audit & Assurance – Hong Kong
Job description: About the Business
With accounting standards getting ever so complicated while innovative business models continue to emerge due to technological advancement, businesses, lawyers and sponsors now more than ever seek assistance from us in helping them to navigate the accounting landscape.
From advising on accounting policy options to optimize financial position, implementing new accounting standards to evaluating the accounting feasibility of intricate business arrangements, we support our clients on highly complex transactions and deals so that they can focus their energy on growing their businesses.
Work you’ll do
- Leads client engagements on the implementation of large-scale transformation programmes including IFRS 17, which are of particular importance to the Insurance Industry
- Advises clients on accounting principles and financial reporting strategies based on broad experience across projects and insurance companies
- Advises clients on the evolutions in insurance operating model through alignment of data models, technical interpretations and systems design
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert on internal controls and closing processes across insurance business as a whole
- Works hand in hand with the Technology and other teams to upgrade the existing reporting system as and when need arises
- Contributes to developing, growing and maintaining relationships with insurance clients
- Stays abreast of industry trends, new regulations and reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients
- Creates new strategic propositions by providing an objective point of view about the dynamics in the professional’s area of focus and the implications for the entity
- Holds self and the team accountable to the project plan and provides strategic direction through the use of measurable goals and milestones, actively monitoring the results of the plan
- Directs and steers the team to ensure that tools, guidance and methodology are used to deliver all phases of the engagement effectively
- Collaborates with other Deloitte functions to lead work and deliver engagements of the highest quality that meet entity stakeholder’s needs
- Inspires the team to apply critical thinking and professional judgment in work and role models the behavior
- Leads on the identification, development and conversion of new growth opportunities for the A&A business, while owning key stakeholder relationships built on trust
- Stays abreast of new learnings in relevant business operations and builds eminence (within area of focus) in dealing with complex situations to achieve appropriate outcomes for the entity
A fit for the role? Let’s talk about you.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree of any disciplines
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. HKICPA, CICPA, AICPA, etc.) is preferred, but would also consider candidate with strong client delivery experience
- At least ten years’ experience in delivering professional services to insurance clients as an auditor or a consultant in the area of finance, actuarial valuation or risk management
- Ability to relate financial reporting regulations to business processes, to generate business benefits on top of making an insurance business compliant
- In-depth understanding of HKFRS/ IFRS, PRC GAAP and/or US GAAP with knowledge and experiences in the application of new accounting standards (i.e. IFRS 9, 15, 16 and/or 17)
- Able to relate accounting standards and financial reporting regulations to business processes as well as to generate business benefits and optimize financial position/ performance for clients on top of staying compliant
- Strong interest in the business development as well as develop your thought-leadership and eminence over-time
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel
Why Deloitte China?
Join Deloitte China
Deloitte China delivers a comprehensive range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients in China.
- We are the world’s largest professional services firm and change the world, leading with purpose and shared values
- We are the undisputed market leader, creating value through multi-disciplinary services and innovative digital solutions, and developing world-class leaders and professionals
- We have been named a “Top Employer China” in the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong & Macau since 2006, providing a “High Value, High Touch, High Tech” talent experience
Start your new chapter with us
Ready to take on new challenges? It’s your time to shine. Apply now!
Stay connected for the latest career opportunities
Follow us on WeChat
Join our group on
Location: Hong Kong
Job date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 05:31:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Director #Strategic #Accounting #Solutions #Audit #Assurance #Hong #Kong