Disability Federation of Ireland: Project Manager (Disabled People under 65 in Nursing Homes Project)
Job title: Disability Federation of Ireland: Project Manager (Disabled People under 65 in Nursing Homes Project)
Job description: [Disability Federation of Ireland]
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER (DISABLED PEOPLE UNDER **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** IN NURSING HOMES PROJECT)
CONTRACT DURATION: 6-month Fixed Term Contract
OFFICE BASE: to be agreed with successful candidate
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum
The postholder will be seconded to the HSE Disability Services and
assigned Project Manager for the ‘Disabled People under **Apply on
the website** in Nursing Homes project’.
This project will gather the essential baseline data that will inform
how services can effectively plan for and support disabled people
living inappropriately in older persons residential settings to move
to homes of their choice in the community and lead supported
Under Budget **Apply on the website**, revenue funding of €3million
has been identified to support **Apply on the website** disabled
people under **Apply on the website** living in nursing homes to move
to the community. This project will ensure that comprehensive
“ground-work” is undertaken to ensure there is a robust
implementation plan to support the allocation of funding to support
people in a way that will ensure sustainable long-term placements in
the community, in line with best practice.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The responsibilities of this post are aligned to the overall project
To review the current placements of younger people with disabilities
living in older persons residential services, including community
nursing units and nursing homes settings. To gather baseline
information on the population living in nursing homes in order to
advance planning and implementation of a co-ordinated programme to
support transitions back to the community.
The project is divided into two parts to achieve this objective:
- GATHER BASE LINE INFORMATION: For all current placements of younger
people with disabilities in older person services.
- ASSESS INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT NEEDS: For a targeted group of the
people identified in Part 1.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be responsible for the planning & delivery of the project.
- To work collaboratively with key stakeholders and line management.
- To identify and mitigate any risks/ issues that may impact the
- To lead the assessment phase of the project and work
collaboratively with colleagues to achieve this.
- To maintain oversight and provide quality assurance throughout the
- A clinical background and experience in social work, social care or
nursing relevant to the role.
AND / OR
- Experience of working at a senior administrative/ management level
in social care services.
CANDIDATES NEED TO HAVE:
- Proven ability of developing and implementing project plans in
response to national strategy and policy.
- A track record of delivering projects in a complex multi
stakeholder environment, as relevant to this role.
- Proficiency and relevant experience of using IT based
tools/programmes to enable effective delivery of this project.
- Access to own transport as the post may involve travel. (This will
be subject to the pandemic public health restrictions).
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- A knowledge and understanding of national policy and implementation
within the disability sector, in particular the Time to Move on from
Congregated Settings policy, the UNCRPD and the Assisted
Decision-Making Legislation as they pertain to this role.
- Knowledge and understanding of the landscape of Disability and
Older Persons residential services including: regulation, service
arrangements, funding and governance arrangements.
- Knowledge and experience of managing and storing data in
compliance with GDPR.
- Knowledge of Quality-of-Life outcome measures and the
administration of assessment tools in the social care sector.
- Experience of working with medical, nursing and multi-disciplinary
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- A high standard of planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to gather and analyse complex information and consider the
range of options available.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Be driven by the values, aims and ethos of the UN CRPD.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all
duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to
perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned
to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of
the post while in office.
_DISABILITY FEDERATION OF IRELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER_
Please send a Curriculum Vitae and completed application form to
**Apply on the website** by **Apply on the website** May **Apply on
Successful candidates should be available to attend for interview on
**Apply on the website** May **Apply on the website**.
Applicants must submit a CV in order to be considered for the
position. DFI will only contact you if you have been selected for
We need : English (Good)
Location: Northside Dublin
Job date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 02:30:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Disability #Federation #Ireland #Project #Manager #Disabled #People #Nursing #Homes #Project