Donor Center Technician – Biomat USA
Job title: Donor Center Technician – Biomat USA
Job description: Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies – develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Donor Center Technician
We’re Grifols, a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Our ideal Donor Center Technician is a stand out colleague who is patient, can handle multiple tasks, and adapt to a dynamic work environment. Ready to learn more? If so, keep on reading!
- Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
- You determine Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer.
- Promotes customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
- Assesses donor suitability and engages in set-up, monitor, and disconnect procedures of the plasmapheresis machine and donors.
- Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates.
- Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
- Ensures donor confidentiality.
- Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff.
- Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and competent manner.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, organized and efficient work area, including maintaining supplies necessary to perform job duties.
- Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
- Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
- Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed.
- Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
- Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors.
- May assist, plan and participate in marketing programs, community service activities, mentoring, training, facility care and continuous improvement activities.
Are you a fit for Grifols?
Yes, if you have:
- A High School diploma or GED
- Strong customer service skills
- Can work a flexible schedule
- Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : TX-San Antonio:USSAT – San Antonio TX-NW Loop 410-BPC
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:33:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Donor #Center #Technician #Biomat #USA