DRPIC, Lead Contracts & Procurement
Job title: DRPIC, Lead Contracts & Procurement
Company: Oman Oil Company
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION
Lead Contracts & Procurement
GM – Corporate Support Services
Corporate Support Services
To Lead the Contract and Procurement activities in a customer oriented and commercially advantageous manner for Duqm Refinery, under the Corporate Support Services’ function. Acting as an owner of the department’s scope, and focal point for delivering services whilst maneuvering within complex political situations. The candidate must be able to work and deliver services for Duqm Refinery by properly utilising the Manpower Services Agreement (MSA) and Services Level Agreement (SLA) in link with the main stakeholders (OQ and Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI)), in a manner that supports the Company’s business strategy, visions and goals, by: (1) Leading the Contract and Procurement Services (Pre and Post-Award) for (Operations, Maintenance and Technical (OMT) Contracts, Corporate Contracts, Project Contracts), and achieving high performance and target deliveries as agreed with the end-users; (2) Develop the required Contracts by Company from initial phases of Contracting strategy up to award and signing of the Contracts by relevant parties, (3) Develop and implement relevant policies, procedures and contract documentation in line with Company’s sourcing policies, (4) Administer all applicable Contracts (FEED, EPC, PMC and supporting Contracts) for the Project, and (5) Deliver evaluation of complex commercial aspects of Contracts and participating in complex negotiations on price and terms; in order to achieve efficient placement and expediting of purchase orders in an ethical & transparent manner.
The position will act in accordance with Duqm Refinery’s values & strategies, policies, guidelines, technology platforms, HSSE standards, Omani government & other legal justifications, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives and Ethical standards.
Number of Staff Supervised
1 – 5
1 – 5
In general, this role focuses and requires special abilities regarding the Ownership and Accountability of Contract & Procurement function’s end-to-end activities, including such services sourced through OQ by:
- Establishing and defining a clear scope of services (Technical, Admin, Procurement, IT, Finance, etc) and secondment positions required from OQ based on internal customers’ requirements;
- Ability to analyze the propositions made by OQ including quality, availability, responsibility and duration; and accordingly provide recommendations on alternative methods of sourcing, if required;
- Ensuring that OQ’s delivery of services and personnel is aligned with DRPIC’s requirements and that DRPIC’s performance targets are achieved;
- Monitoring, managing, reviewing and certifying the provided services through the MSA and SLA, including but not limited to:
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Contracting processes
- Budgeting and costing
- Reporting and Information Provisioning (collaboratively report performance to both the service provider and the service consumer)
- Responding to Audit queries
- Able, if required, to come up with alternative means for service provisioning.
Main details activities: * Develop, manage and improve Company guidelines, policies and procedures related to contracting and procurements, and inventory management.
- Place new contracts for new requirements and projects.
- Develop and improve an annual contract master plan and execute the approved plan.
- Coordinate with the contract holders / owners to list and critically evaluate possible contracting strategies and then select the most suitable and “fit for purpose” contracting strategy and jointly present to relevant stakeholders and obtain necessary approvals for it.
- Analyze information related to financial pre-qualifications of potential contractors and vendors.
- Prepare commercial sections of the tenders, select the appropriate terms and conditions for the type of contract required and compile the whole tender documents for review and approval.
- Issue “Invitations to Tenders”, participate in tender clarifications, receive and evaluate bids.
- Coordinate with the contract holder / owner to prepare the award recommendation, present such recommendations to secure the endorsement of the tender committee and the Board (if applicable).
- Coordinate with the Company Legal team (in case of changes in Terms and Conditions)
- Compile the final contract documents for signatures by Company and Contractor as per DRPIC’s Manual of Authority and register the contract in the relevant logs.
- Assist contract holders in post-award issues such as payment, claims, contract variations, contract amendments, negotiation of new star rates and all Tender Board correspondences.
- Process all work orders raised and ensure compliance to established contract rates and obtain relevant approvals and signatures for execution.
- Ensure that the tendering process is auditable and conforms to Company standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop a warehouse/inventory strategy and management system.
- Ensure at all time that proper records and good audit trails are established and maintained for all activities of the contracting process.
- Assist in providing all required information and documentations by the Company auditors (internal or State) and provide the necessary clarifications in all audits of relevant contracts and help in closing the agreed action items.
- Participate in all discussions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the contracting processes as well as to any new projects and proposals.
- Generate contract monitoring reports on a timely basis and submit such reports to the concerned authority.
- Prepare for, participate in and run (as secretary) when required the Tender Committees.
- Contribute to the weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Perform all other related duties as required and assigned by GM – Corporate Support Services.
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders from DRPIC, OQ and KPI for day-to-day work.
- Act as focal point between clients, vendors, contractors, consultants and main stakeholder.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification
- Master’s Degree in relevant areas associated with Procurement & Contracts is preferred.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is desirable
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in contract preparation and management best practices (internationally and locally) out of which 5 years in a leadership position.
- Preference if the candidate is familiar and has experience with green field petrochemical plant infrastructure and operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Commercial acumen, negotiation skills and market analysis.
- Ability to evaluate commercial proposals received from suppliers.
- Effective communication, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of legal aspects related to the contracting industry.
- Experience in procurement of Refining and Chemicals technology license is desirable.
- Knowledge of refinery/petrochemical and related materials and equipment will be an advantage.
- Political Savvy.
Location: Duqm, Al Wusta
Job date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 00:26:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#DRPIC #Lead #Contracts #Procurement