Engineering Manager – Pakistan
Job title: Engineering Manager – Pakistan
Company: Bayut | dubizzle
Job description: Bayut & dubizzle are iconic product and tech brands committed to make life convenient for users across the globe be it in property, motor, jobs or other classifieds.
We are part of the EMPG Group that owns Zameen.com & OLX Pakistan.
With our continued success and expansion, we are thrilled to grow our Technology Team in Pakistan with a vision to make Karachi as one of our leading Global Tech hubs.
As a Engineering Manager, you will present yourself as a strong leader to our technical team in Pakistan delivering A-class products that scale to millions of users.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, design, and develop cloud software applications.
- Collaborating closely with Product, Infrastructure, Design, UX, CLM and Strategy to deliver highest quality products;
- Enforce agile practices like test driven development, CI & test automation. – Collaborate with offshore teams for both architectural and delivery issues. – Cultivate technical backlog.
- Smartly prioritise between the immediate and the future needs.
- Analyse and remediate production issues, build in fault tolerance and – operational readiness into the system architecture with a focus on operationally ready solutions.
- Be a software guardian. Own non-functional requirements, architectural direction, quality of the code and addressing technical debt.
- Knowledgeable of scalability and high availability systems;
- Focusing on Team health and instilling a strong culture of engineering excellence. – Mentor team on good code design patterns.
- Hiring A-players to build High Performing Teams, constantly raising the bar of engineering talent.
- Identify areas for growth and personal development and provide a growth path uniquely catered towards each team member.
- Ability to lead the team technically and act as a Project and Product manager.
- Ensuring the highest standards of security for all our platforms and its underlying infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
- 8 years of server/client-side software development experience
- Experience in lead teams; including performance management and people management.
- Strong understanding of scalability and high availability systems.
- Experience in operations and managing live production applications, monitoring, remediation and incident management.
- Strong understanding of RESTful service design, API design and best practices for building resilient and maintainable distributed systems.
- A solid experience with AWS and the different technologies within, is a plus.
- Working experience of Kubernetes is a plus;
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products;
Location: Karachi, Sindh
Job date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 23:30:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Engineering #Manager #Pakistan