FAS/FSE Hybrid, Clinical, SEA/Philippines
Job title: FAS/FSE Hybrid, Clinical, SEA/Philippines
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job Description
How Will You Make an Impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking to recruit an experienced Clinical qPCR Field Applications Specialist/Field Service Engineer hybrid role for South East Asia (SEA). This role is responsible for providing technical support of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to clinical customers, specifically to our WHO customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast-paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The incumbent will be based in Philippines.
What will you do?
The FAS/FSE hybrid will be responsible for providing scientific expertise, application support and training to clinical customers. He will also partner our commercial team to provide customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively.
- On-site support activities: Application training, Installation, and troubleshooting (application & hardware). This is to provide seamless hardware and application support to customers.
- Remote support activities: Telephone and email support, troubleshooting (application & hardware) and escalation process.
- Work with local Distributor, and hand over instrument related activities to them. To follow up proactively with distributor on the progress.
- Proactive follow-up support to Key Customers. Preparation and delivery of customer training.
- Preparation & Delivery of User Meetings.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from internal colleagues, channel partners and customer facing team members.
- May be required to support other portfolios, perform other related duties as required or assigned.
How will you get here?
- BSc in Biology or related Biological Science discipline
- MS or PhD is preferred
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with life science instrumentation, consumables, and assays preferably in clinical setting.
- Extensive experience in Real-Time PCR – principle, workflow, hardware knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Experience in automated nucleic acid purification.
- Understanding and experience in using automated liquid handlers such as Hamilton or Tecan systems is a plus.
- Experience in a service and support-related position is preferred.
- Understanding of:
– Assay Design, Optimization and Validation
– Sample Preparation
– Instrument Operation and Troubleshooting
– Software and Data Analysis
- Previous hands-on experience in Applied Biosystems / Life Technologies Real-Time PCR instrumentation and Software is preferred
- Previous experience in a clinical lab environment, with knowledge of regulatory compliance (eg: CAP, ISO13485) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and deliver within tight timelines to clinical customers is a must.
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good Project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple urgent priorities
- Fluent English language skills – oral and written. Additional language skills welcome but not mandatory.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 50% frequency per month.
- Computer and internet literate.
Field Services, Scientist
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Location: Manila City, Metro Manila
Job date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 05:00:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#FASFSE #Hybrid #Clinical #SEAPhilippines