Graduate Parts Supply Chain – Inventory Control (Diest, Belgium)
Job title: Graduate Parts Supply Chain – Inventory Control (Diest, Belgium)
Job description: Company Information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
For TME Graduate positions we are targeting recent University Graduates (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
We offer :
- Permanent contract
- Daily position (as described down below) + 18-months training program (on top of the daily job)
- On the job training
- Classroom training (Toyota Way, Toyota Production System…)
- Experiential training (5-6 weeks Line training at an European Manufacturing Company…)
- Evolution towards the “Specialist” grade after graduation
- A dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits). Where we offer flexibility to keep a healthy work-life balance through flexible hours and a combination of on- and offsite working.
Master in logistics, procurement or related discipline such as economics / engineering are also welcome to apply.
- Genuinely interested in the automotive industry & supply chain management.
- Attention to detail and enjoys working in an active supply environment.
- Outgoing proactive personality with excellent teamwork skills with customer mind-set.
- Very good numeric and MS office skills including Access databases
- Some business travel necessary to Head Office hence driving license is required.
- Fluent in English as business language is necessary, Dutch highly recommended.
You have the Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Courage: you are ready to let go of the easy path to reach challenging targets
- Collaboration: you are a team player, respectful and inclusive in your style and you take a customer-oriented approach
- Creativity: your passion drives you to explore innovative ideas and challenge the impossible
- Curiosity: you combine imagination and fact-based observation
- Coaching: you share knowledge and feedback with your colleagues and celebrate each other’s success
Your team and your responsibilities
Located just outside Brussels is our European Distribution Centre in Diest called Toyota Parts Centre Europe (TPCE) employing 930 people. It is responsible for the procurement, storage and logistics supply of a dedicated range of Toyota/Lexus spare parts, accessories and technical campaign parts supporting both the new car sales and existing customer vehicles service and warranty needs.
The Diest facility itself receives parts from over 700 different suppliers (from Japan to local suppliers) managing over 250,000 part numbers and
150 trucks per day in a dedicated 100,000m2 facility. It’s 2 outbound logistics roles covers; providing direct overnight supply to
600 Toyota dealers in local region, and supporting the 13 European Regional Distribution Centres to ensure a consistent high level of Just In Time service to all NMSC’s and Toyota dealers within Europe and our final customers beyond.
Responsible for the procurement and inventory control of parts sourced from overseas suppliers:
- Analyse stock and service levels. Initiate necessary improvement actions to meet our customers’ service expectation.
- Problem solving with Toyota suppliers and TME internal related divisions on parts supply performance concerns and follow-up supplier improvements using the TPS (Toyota Production System) philosophy and Toyota problem solving approach.
- Ensure availability of parts to European Markets through regional locations and beyond to the end customer for current Toyota and Lexus models.
- Continuous improvement mindset in order to optimize the I/C parameters and stock levels.
Location: Diest, Brabant Flamand
Job date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 22:39:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Graduate #Parts #Supply #Chain #Inventory #Control #Diest #Belgium