GroupM | Commercial Manager Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Job title: GroupM | Commercial Manager Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Job description: Overview of job GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Commercial Manager to join us.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Commercial Head
3 best things about the job:
1. Opportunity to work in the leading global media investment company with a fast growing team of professionals.
2. Exciting exposure and learning in the media industry, which is fast evolving from the regular Print-Ads, Radio and TV to Digital (Google, Facebook, YouTube, Programmatic, etc).
3. A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Developed your understanding of GroupM’s businesses in the local market.
- Understood P&L structures, reporting requirements, WPP accounting policies, commercial requirements and contractual requirements.
- Learnt the various systems and applications and how they are integrated into the business.
- Built relationships with the key stakeholders across the group.
In six months:
- Contributed to the management of contract commitments and negotiations.
- Able to advice Agency MD on key commercial and financial levers to achieve their PBT targets.
- Reviewed and improved efficiencies and profitability across the business pillars.
- Understood GroupM and the other agencies’ clientele with due regard to financial risks.
In 12 months:
- Lead the management of contract commitments and negotiations.
- Delivered the improvements that have resulted in cost savings and streamlined work flows.
- Closely worked with the local and relevant regional teams for timely and accurate reporting and compliance with WPP policies.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting the agency on commercial matters
▪ Prepare and provide commercial information required for RFI, RFP and RFQ.
▪ Propose remuneration structures to maximize profitability.
▪ Draft, negotiate and finalize commercial contracts. Participate in discussions and negotiation of commercial and contractual terms and conditions with clients.
▪ Manage Global/Regional client terms, conditions and instructions.
▪ Deal with commercial disputes with clients.
▪ Monitor collections and take proactive actions for recovery of long outstanding amounts.
▪ Monitor achievement of client incentives and bonuses.
▪ Determine the pricing and commercial terms of new services and products
▪ Update periodically the charge out rates and overhead multipliers to be applied.
▪ Handling client’s financial audit.
- Business partnering with Agency Managing Director on agency and client’s profitability
▪ Monitor agency and client’s profitability on a periodic basis and provide recommendations to improve performance.
▪ Keep track of billing and highlight shortfalls for remediating actions.
▪ Maintain new business pipelines and gaps.
- Preparation and reporting of financial results
▪ Prepare and report yearly budget, quarterly reforecasts, month end financial reports and other reports to the Agency Managing Director, Exco and Regional Office.
- Database and information management
▪ Management of database of client’s information including key terms and conditions.
▪ Ensure continuing contractual compliance.
▪ Highlight and manage the renewal of expiring contracts.
What you will need:
- Degree qualification from a recognised programme in Business/Accounting/Finance/Law and at least 5 years of related commercial and financial experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and decision making skills in the face of ambiguity.
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Pleasant personality with strong communication skills, and able to work in a team (inside and outside finance function) and bring the team together to deliver. Must be comfortable working in a large MNC environment and dealing with multiple stakeholders locally and internationally.
- A resilient negotiator with a proven track record of contract negotiations.
- Must be able to work with integrity, initiative and a strong sense to take accountability/ ownership and commitment to deliver.
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
It’s no secret Vietnam is the fastest growing media market in Asia Pacific. Ad spend in Vietnam grew rapidly last year, with internet penetration reached in excess of 59.4% during 2019. With a population of more than 90 million, this market carries huge potential and possibilities for media players and talent. GroupM Vietnam fosters a culture of innovation and value our diverse and collaborative work environment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
Location: Tp Hồ Chí Minh
Job date: Wed, 19 May 2021 22:28:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#GroupM #Commercial #Manager #Chi #Minh #City #Vietnam