Head of Country – Philippines
Job title: Head of Country – Philippines
Job description: Our Industry
There are 20 million single family residences (SFRs) in the United States, more than 19 million of which are owned by 15.5 million “very small investors,” individuals or families who own one or two units. For these rental property owners, there is little in the way of data or technology to help them understand the market rental rates for their property, find and market to the highest quality prospective tenants, and manage the ongoing maintenance of their rental units with minimal headache. Pain points like these are why more than a third of all SFR owners turn to property managers for help.
Full-service property management for SFRs is a hyper-local and highly fragmented business. And just like the owners, property managers have little in the way of data, tools, and automated processes to enable them to scale and work smartly. Further, there is a misalignment of incentives between traditional property managers and the owners they represent – managers can promise a high rental rate to win the business but do so without consequence if they secure a lower rate. They pitch fast leasing timeframes but have no skin in the game when vacancies stretch from weeks to months. Missteps on both of these fronts come at a high cost; they often are the difference between a homeowner making or losing money on their rental property each year.
(DRE# 02089344) is here to address these pain points and more which have long been considered “unfixable” by property owners. Doorstead is a full-service, digitally-driven property management company that puts both the owner and tenant customers at the center of what they do. For owners, they eliminate uncertainty by guaranteeing market rents, caps on vacancy, and cash flow. The company invested early in building local data sets and machine learning models, leveraging tens of attributes for a given home to predict market-clearing rents that minimize vacancy while maximizing owner cash flow. The Doorstead guarantee gives owners peace of mind while aligning incentives of the owner and manager.
In less than 2 years of operations, we’ve booked 8-figure gross rents, indexed rental prices for over 10MM properties, and raised $17M+ from the investors who backed Redfin with participation from executives at Opendoor and Uber. We believe that without the smart, hard-working individuals that make up our winning team, we would not be where it is today. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reimagine an entire industry and create the right way for today.
The Head of Philippines oversees the entire lifecycle of Doorstead’s people activities from recruiting, training, and culture. We believe that people are our greatest asset and that a holistic approach to people management leads to a world-class organization. This attracts better talent, prepares them to succeed, and helps them unlock their fullest potential.
The candidate in this role will be managing three core functions:
- Recruiting: Overseeing all hiring & recruiting activities to make sure that every candidate has a consistent quality experience with Doorstead.
- Training: Working with the teams to build onboarding workflows, training curriculum, and social pods to help onboard candidates as quickly as possible with psychological safety.
- Culture: Build a world-class organization that unlocks every team member’s fullest potential while building culture-reinforcing mechanisms in the day-to-day activities.
Broadly, the candidate will be responsible for managing our team’s basic needs, psychological, and self-fulfillment needs (i.e Maslow’s hierarchy). This means making sure that each team member can provide for themselves physiologically, ensuring a feeling of safety and security, enabling serendipitous relationships to be formed, providing team members with feelings of prestige, and unlocking the fullest potential from our team. We want everyone to have a great experience with Doorstead and enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime journey.
To succeed in this role, the candidate will need a strong understanding of what motivates each and every person, and how to unlock their creative potential. The candidate should enjoy getting things done, and thinking strategically about how to create a well-functioning company.
- 7+ years of leadership positions in previous roles – handling teams & strategizing growth
- Proven experience in an Operational Manager or Country Manager role
- Obsession with optimizing an organization’s efficiency and ensuring exceptional customer experience.
- World-class problem solver and people manager.
- Able to analyze data & analytics to be used in the overall business strategy
- Advanced level of interpersonal and communication skill, both written and oral
- excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
- ability to manage teams working across shifts
- a “let’s get it done” mindset
- the ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Ability to understand and report data and trends to make recommendations based on findings
- Proven effective coaching, mentoring and training skills
- Experience with managing multiple projects and initiatives at a time
- Embody Doorstead’s values:
- Owner mentality – High empathy and customer obsession.
- Athlete mindset – Focused on deliberate practice and building momentum.
- Lifelong learner – Having an internal compass, continuously learning, and open to providing and receiving feedback.
- Member of a troupe – Believing in being better together and being on time, every time.
- Pioneer – Fearlessly breaking through challenges and believing in working hard and smart.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations of Doorstead’s Philippines team, across all functions
- Ensure Doorstead’s compliance with local laws and regulations
- Present the mission & vision and publicly represent the company to the press & stakeholders in the Philippines
- Ensure agreed service levels are achieved consistently for all services provided by Philippines staff
- Accurately forecast current and future resourcing requirements and manage resources effectively to meet operational business objectives, in conjunction with the relevant business unit leader
- Produce business performance reports on a fortnightly and monthly basis
- Build a culture of high performance with a multi-skilled workforce
- Ensure individuals and teams have the appropriate knowledge, skills and resources required to meet the requirements of their individual roles
- Develop and maintain appropriate company reward and recognition programs
- Support the professional development of team leaders and specialists via regularly completed training, development and ongoing coaching
- Develop and execute short and long-term employee recruitment strategies
- Liaise with leadership to prepare and maintain the budget for the operation in Philippines
Job date: Sat, 01 May 2021 22:46:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!