Head of Expansion – Norway
Job title: Head of Expansion – Norway
Job description: Job Description:
We are Gorillas and on a mission to redefine convenience retail. With our ten minute grocery deliveries we are disrupting the supermarket space, one of the biggest markets still in the hands of traditional players. We are a rapidly growing startup and are currently building an outstanding team with skilled members across all domains and backgrounds. We focus on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become a global leader in on-demand retail. Come join us on this journey.
Our expansion team is fast, efficient and very hands-on. Within your SWAT teams, you will need to manage and execute in a timely-manner. You will cover a variety of topics from real estate acquisition to engaging local partnerships, following our Launch Playbook to the letter. Our expansion team enables speed and efficiency allowing the Gorillas mission to spread across the globe.
- Build and lead a team of 10+ people to greatness – hire top talents and help them perform, grow and develop as professionals
- Devise the mid and long-term strategy of the expansion team in Norway which means you will guide the team responsible for the new location/city launches
- You’ll be one of the first of the team on the ground and be responsible for the new location operations KPIs: Sales, Revenues, Fulfilment, Time to prepare orders, Complete orders, Delivery time and Delivery cost
- Provide leadership and guidance to the expansion team to guarantee the excellent and punctual expansion of Gorilla markets across the country.
- Work with headquarters to learn about and implement best practices from our other markets
- Perform administrative duties, and additional functions, as needed and determined by management
- 5+ years of experience in high demanding positions (operations, consulting, investment banking, etc)
- 2+ years in e-commerce or on-demand fulfillment experience
- Prior experience in building and leading operations teams and looking after large organisations
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions
- Ability to learn fast and adapt your strategies and tactics to the dynamic world of super-fast delivery. Super-fast delivery means sometimes doing other things super-fast.
- A desire to work in a dynamic environment at one of the fastest growing startups in Europe
- Act like an owner. We believe that’s a great driving principle
- You have a hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty
- You have very good communication skills and are proficient in both written and spoken English and Norweigian
As a part of the fastest-growing startup in Europe, you can benefit from a steep learning curve from day one with a high career growth trajectory. We love seeing our crew blossom & growing with us! With a transparent company culture & stunning team spirit, Gorillas ensures a dynamic & international environment welcome to anyone! Plus, our flexible working arrangements support people at different stages in their lives. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you want to build something you are proud of and you believe in the vision, we want you in the Gorillas fam!
Gorillas is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job date: Thu, 20 May 2021 01:15:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!