Head of Insurance Data Science (Financial Services/Insurance/Automotive) – Johannesburg South Africa
Job title: Head of Insurance Data Science (Financial Services/Insurance/Automotive) – Johannesburg South Africa
Company: CA Global
Job description: To act as a bridge between SA Taxi data operations and SA Taxi Protect, ensuring that data requirements of the actuarial and other insurance departments are met and by ensuring the integrity of all Insurance related data. provide actionable data-driven insights into all aspects of SA Taxi Protect’s clients, products and operations through analysis and modelling, including providing input into pricing, reserving, claims management and customer acquisition and retention
To provide leadership in establishing an underwriting strategy and implementing it throughout the SA Taxi Protect operation.
- Document the data requirements of the actuarial department across its activities, including pricing, reserving, experience analysis and analytics
- Build an automated reconciliation framework for these areas
- Using the SA Taxi data infrastructure, establish reconciled and comprehensive views of the data for all actuarial activities.
- Identify opportunities to improve data, including analysis of source data systems to establish integrity of data, and collaboration within the actuarial department to identify new rating factors
- Working closely with other Insurance departments, document and assess data needs and establish required views of data to enable analysis
- Ensure new sources of data (such as credit and telematics data) are leveraged to build additional insights about core elements of the business
- Automate actuarial function activities relating to renewals and retention
- Provide analysis and interpretation of data and underlying trends using datasets established for actuarial and business functions
- Provide insights into frequency, severity, burning cost, exposures and risk accumulation for all lines of business
- Working closely with business departments to identify analysis needs, develop analysis and interpretation of other aspects of the business, including customer acquisition and retention activities, claims handling, cost per sale analysis etc
- Work closely within actuarial department to build a customer lifetime value model based on embedded value principles
- Ensure that insights from analysis shared and incorporated into pricing and reserving activities
- Develop and implement an underwriting strategy for the organisation that includes guidance on risk segmentation and desirable vs undesirable risks that responds to competitor behaviour.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelors degree in computer science and insurance
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in data and operations
- Minimum 10 tears insurance experience, including underwriting responsibility
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, database tools and Power BI
- Excellent knowledge of financial reporting
- Knowledge of R and Python is an advantage
- Telematics understanding is advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Salary: Market Rate
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV to Angus Lewis at
Please visit for more exciting opportunities.
Banking, Finance & Information Technology
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:11:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Insurance #Data #Science #Financial #ServicesInsuranceAutomotive #Johannesburg #South #Africa