Head of Meetings & Events, GWAM Canada
Job title: Head of Meetings & Events, GWAM Canada
Job description: Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Manulife Investment Management’s Head of Meetings and Events, Canada will be responsible for the team who leads the planning, coordination and execution of virtual and in-person events. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, Canada for Manulife Investment Management, this leader will work across the four business channels that make up our Canada business.
We’re looking for a leader who brings visionary thinking and excels in rallying and inspiring teams to win, learn and have fun. Being highly collaborative, working well with cross-functional partners and being able to navigate and get the best out of teams is essential. Effective communication of vision and leading through people for impact will be critical to delivering results.
- Lead and inspire the Meetings & Events team
- Evolve strategic events framework to ensure we’re continuing to innovate and deliver compelling virtual and in-person events
- Work collaboratively across the organization to design, develop and deliver world class meetings and events to meet business objectives
- Successful development, analysis, deployment and execution of meetings and conferences
- Successful development, analysis, deployment, and execution of Distribution channel focused recognition programs
- Assign and manage workflow to department staff that will yield desired business outcomes
- Negotiate contracts with various vendors to deliver high quality products and services that meet company standards and policies
- Key role in shaping the strategic rationale of various meetings and events, and driving new and innovative ideas into programs
- Remain current on new standards and trends to ensure Best-In-Class practices and great experiences for participants
- Set a high standard of performance for team members and key stakeholder partners
- Live our Values of Think Big, Own It, Get It Done Together, Share Your Humanity, Customer Obsession and Do the Right Thing, and set an example for those around you
- Post-secondary degree
- 10+ years of corporate meeting and conference management experience
- Experience in the wealth and asset management business
- Extensive people leadership experience
- Recognized as resident expert in all aspects of meeting and event planning
- Proven leadership skills, ability to effectively influence team members as well as internal and external parties
- Strong organizational agility, being able to manage all levels and elevate Marketing in the organization
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to foresee challenges
- Able to work well under pressure
- Innovative, creative thinker and strong collaborator
- Ability to influence direction of work
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including , , , , and . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact .
Location: Montreal, QC
Job date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 04:39:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Meetings #Events #GWAM #Canada