Health in Emergencies Coordinator (Clinical)
Job title: Health in Emergencies Coordinator (Clinical)
Company: Røde Kors
Job description: Main tasks
- Define and design clinician standards including admission criteria, clinician protocols, clinician guidelines in close coordination with the Coordinator Health in Emergencies (curative)
- Technical reference for the clinician staff deployed: SMO (Senior Medical Officer), surgeon, anesthetist doctor, GP (general practitioner ) and other medical doctors
Technical interlocutor to our counterparts in all clinician related issues (eg ICRC team of clinicians) * Quality assurance of medical acts performed in the health facilities deployed from the clinician’s perspective to ensure a holistic approach to the services delivered.
- Explore how technological developments and innovation can be made relevant and applicable within NorCross health in emergencies initiatives. To do so, collaboration with RCRC Movement and external partners is deliberately sought.
- The CHEC contributes to the development of the thematic framework for Health and is part of the NorCross health network.
- Conceptualising and implementing trainings, and briefings to prepare NorCross and partner NS delegates in the clinician aspects for health in emergency missions by seeking liaison with long-term preventive and / or health programs and approaches. This includes mapping of clinicians competencies and skills needed and developing existing or new methods and facilitation techniques, as well as setting-up and revising courses and curricula in collaboration with the Coordinator Health in Emergencies (curative) and the rest of the team.
- Can be called upon to support NorCross regional teams, to participate in or lead the Task Force or surge missions and for leading operations.
- Contribute to Infection Prevention and Control for emergency operations in close cooperation with the Coordinator Health in Emergencies (curative), PHiE team and WASH
- Working together with the Logistics team in selecting medical technical materials and pharmaceuticals for emergency operations in close cooperation with the Coordinator Health in Emergencies (curative)
We are searching for a candidate with the following experience and skills
- Medical doctor specialized certified with minimum 5 years of clinical experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional, operational experience in health in emergencies (in the humanitarian field) with relevant program management or technical advisory roles at field level
- Experience with infection prevention and control
- Experience working on the policy development and provision of relevant trainings
- Experience with project / program management. Experience in project cycle management particularly designing, implementing and managing in complex health in emergencies projects and programs, both in long-term- and recovery programs as well as response operations
- Updated knowledge of status and trends in a clinician’s aspects of the broader clinical health in emergencies.
- Interest and ability to increase and gather knowledge in clinician aspects of clinical health in emergencies
- Interest and ability to engage with external actors, incl. Academia, technology providers, suppliers of equipment and services, to develop approaches, tools, etc.
- Knowledge of WHO Emergency Medical Teams initiative and standards is considered an advantage
- Experience and ability to work under stress and support others working under stress
- Understanding of crises and operations management
- Understanding of information technology and how to make use of it for health in emergencies.
- Fluency in English and other working language is an asset
- Willing to extensive traveling in relation with surge operations
- Very good ability to take initiative and accept the responsibility for results
- Very good ability to communicate effectively
- Very good ability to build networks and relationships
- Very good ability to cooperate and share competency
- Very good ability to think holistic
- Very good ability to identify solutions
- Very good ability to make decisions
- Very good ability to execute
- Good ability to innovate
- Meaningful and exciting work tasks in Norway’s largest voluntary humanitarian organization.
- Committed colleagues and a wide network of contacts in a diverse organization.
- Very good pension and insurance schemes.
- The employment relationship is regulated by the collective agreement (s) in force at any given time in the company, currently: the main agreement Tekna and the Salaried Employee Agreement Negotia.
The position involves some travel.
The position is based at the Norwegian Red Cross National Office in Oslo and you will need a valid permit for work and residence in Norway. It is further required that you are willing to learn Norwegian and achieve higher intermediate level (B2) within 12 months of employment.
The Red Cross is concerned with diversity. We encourage everyone who is qualified to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability, outlook on life or ethnic background. We adapt the workplace if needed.
Hausmanns gate 7, 0186 Oslo, Norge
Nicole Michelle Fassina
+47 40 10 13 89
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality.
Job date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 06:19:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Health #Emergencies #Coordinator #Clinical