History and Geography Teacher
Job title: History and Geography Teacher
Job description: Requirements:
Education Required: Bachelor
Minimum Teaching Experience: 3 years of teaching experience
Major: Bachelors of Education in Geography and History
- B.S. in Education in Geography and History + 3 years minimum experience; or
- B.S. in Geography and History + Postgraduate Certificate in Education + 3 years minimum experience; or
- B.S. in Geography and History + 4 years minimum experience
- Have fluent English language skills and if not mother tongue, minimum IELTS band 6 or TOEFL equivalent
- Advantage, Postgraduate Teaching Certificate or Qualified Teacher Status
- All teaching experience must be in relevant subject with verifiable original reference letters, signed and stamped by the school (experiences from Universities, Institutes or Training centers are not accepted)
- Between 21- 40 years of age
- An expensed apartment or allowance (larger apartments available for teaching couples)
- Annual Return flight home
- Private Healthcare for the Teacher
- 50% tuition discount for dependents enrolled in the school
- Visa costs expensed
Al Shomoukh International School is one of Oman’s most exciting, rapidly growing International Schools. With a mixture of local and international students all taught to the UK National Curriculum, this relatively new school is already making an impact in terms of results.
As part of the school’s ongoing growth strategy, we are looking for several teachers in Secondary department in fields of Mathematics, English Language, Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Physical Education, Music, ICT, History and Geography teachers to join the school for the 2019/20 academic year.
Based just on the outskirts of Muscat, one of the Gulf’s most fabulous cities with history to rival the top European cities, this school is in an enviable location, but with construction starting on their new campus imminently this is just the start of the story.
We are looking for UK National Curriculum experienced Secondary specialist teachers to join the friendly, collegiate Secondary School team. In line with Omani MoE guidelines you will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of at least 3 years of experience teaching (depending on your route into the industry).
Most importantly however is personality, we are looking for teachers who are engaging, and passionate team players with a desire to be part of something growing; for the right individual the opportunities for exciting future career growth are excellent beyond their initial contract.
Job date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 22:52:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#History #Geography #Teacher