HR Generalist Advisor Americas – Remote Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Cover ›
Job title: HR Generalist Advisor Americas – Remote Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Cover ›
Job description: HR Generalist Advisor Americas – Remote Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Cover
Home Based – Americas
This is a 7 month fixed term contract, global HR Generalist role, supporting HR initiatives, employees and managers in multiple regions. As we are a growing company there is a possibility that this role will become permanent.
You will be a key HR support for our Americas region (Canada, US, Central and South America) and will partner with the wider HR team to deliver a first class service to the business.
Canonical is a unique tech company – global, remote first, open source, with 650 professionals across 50 countries – our goal is to be the world’s best, not biggest, global software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
Canonical and Ubuntu are at the forefront of cloud and IoT computing, helping customers master the challenge of operations on hybrid cloud, bare metal, and container-based systems. We’re recruiting people that love Linux, automation, operations, and are interested in cracking some of the world’s toughest problems at scale.
We’re interested in the technology, of course, but we’re also interested in the human mission of enabling and supporting many of the worlds brightest and hardest working people, passionate about open source which benefits millions, to live where they want and work from anywhere. All of these people could move to a tech hub and work for a FAANG but they choose Canonical because of our mission and our approach to the workplace.
You must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You’ll need excellent communication, professional and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to function in a proactive, innovative environment.
This role is likely to be home-based, but we also have an office in Boston, Massachusetts and Austin, Texas if you have a preference for office-based working.
- Manage and drive Open Enrollment for Canonical employees in the USA
- Liaise with our finance team on monthly payroll, projects and enquiries
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing employee changes, joiners and leavers
- Provide HR guidance to team members and managers
- Support the full life-cycle of HR including onboarding, benefit administration, and departure
- Partner with line managers to provide employee relations advice on global policies and procedures
- Apply critical thinking to automate and reduce administrative tasks
- Take a lead role in the management, continued development, and integration of our HR system
- Act as a system expert and advocate for the global HR team
- Produce data driven reports to inform and influence HR initiatives
- Lead and participate in projects where you’ll see the impact of your work
- Work internal resource groups to drive diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Create, update and maintain country-specific handbooks and corporate policies
- Ensure consistency of application of our HR policies and procedures
Skills & experience
- Educated to degree level and SHRM/PHR qualified or working towards qualification.
- Good and developing knowledge and practical application of US HR practices and employment laws.
- Able and motivated to learn in an international HR environment.
- Self-directed, organized, a problem solver, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, sound judgment, tact and diplomacy in all communications.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality of assignments due to the exposure to sensitive information and contacts.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
A diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this role
Required First Name Last Name Email Phone Resume/CV Cover Letter LinkedIn Profile Describe your HR experience, especially work that covered multiple countries What are your strengths as a colleague? What time zone are you in? How did you do in maths, physics or computer science – at high school or university? How did you do in your home language, at high school? Have you completed a full Bachelors degree or equivalent? Are you due to graduate soon, or have you graduated from university in the past two years?
Job date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 05:16:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Generalist #Advisor #Americas #Remote #Fixed #Term #Contract #Maternity #Cover