HSSE&C Advisor – Greater China
Job title: HSSE&C Advisor – Greater China
Job description: Travel required
Yes – up to 50%
CUSTOMER AND PRODUCTS
We’re gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.
Want to join the team? This means:
- being customer-centric, agile and responsive to changing customer needs and dynamic markets
- focusing on growth and development of customer offers
- optimising the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
- contributing to the reduction of carbon intensity of the products we create, and sell, by 50% by 2050 or sooner
- creating strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
- being digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions.
Job Family Group
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for providing advice, support and coaching on HS&E related matters in support of safe, reliable and compliant operations, taking accountability for the performance of HS&E activities and driving the right safety behaviours amongst staff and partners to enable prevention, correction and control of conditions and mitigation of any adverse consequences.
Purpose of role
- Support for license to operate & trade, compliance and regulatory activities in China market.
- Cover all HSSE&C activities for car space, industrial, GME, marketing, plant, logistics, functions and office safety
- Provide some needful HSSE support to Castrol Shanghai Management Co. Ltd
- Supporting the OMS implementation and continuous improvement in China PU & China GSC
- Providing leadership and influencing to ensure that HSSE risks associated with the activities, product and services of China PU are identified and managed
Key Results/ Accountabilities
- Contributing to delivery of the China PU HSSE Plan and ensuring regulatory and bp requirements are met
- Supporting and coordinating annual risk assessment and review in China PU and China GSC, monitoring the implementation of risk mitigation action plan
- Supporting and coordinating the OMS self-verification programme including OMS audit and field inspection across China PU and GSC and monitoring the implementation of action plans
- Conduct the incident investigation, share lessons learned following Castrol learning process
- Conduct HSSE induction to new joiners and support on delivering appropriate HSSE training in China PU to ensure the employees are competent to deliver their HSSE accountabilities, including HSSE orientation & induction etc.
- Implement bp driving safety policies and China SMART program, support and track the China Car Policy implementation.
- Working with the global HSSE agile team and support global HSSE program as required.
- Provide HSSE Communication, newsletter, risk communication, promotion activities, outdoor events and conference support:
- Monitor local HSSE legislations and communicate to China PU staff
- To implement and maintain BP programs such as OMS/IMP/BCP etc. and maintain all HSSE data, records, procedures & document , analyze the HSSE performance trend HSSE and advice for continuous improvement
- Coordinating the warehouse and land transport contractor assurance programme and ensuring audits are planned and executed timely and of high quality
- Coordinating the terminal, vessel and barge contractor self-assessment and BP audit and ensuring self assessments and audits are planned and implemented timely and of high quality.
Experience & Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in HSSE roles or operational/business roles with substantial HSSE accountabilities
- Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent in work experience) or above. Preferably in a Supply Chain/Logistics/engineering discipline.
- Certifications- NEBOSH or National Certified Safety Engineer is preferred
- Strong knowledge of local and national HSSE regulatory and legislation requirements
- Knowledge about hazardous chemical management
- Experience with training, influencing, and communicating in HSSE program/initiatives
- Strong skill in hazard and risk identification and management process
- Able to deal with people at all levels and strong communication and influence skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, able to work effectively and efficiently under self-motivated
- Proficiency in Chinese and English required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 23:27:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#HSSEC #Advisor #Greater #China