Information System Security Engineer/Officer
Job title: Information System Security Engineer/Officer
Company: THOR Solutions, LLC
Job description: THOR Solutions is actively seeking an Information System Security Engineer/Officer (ISSE/ISSO) to support cybersecurity efforts as part of the Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Navigation & Electrical (C4N&E) activities at Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division (NSWC PCD) in Panama City, FL. An ideal candidate will possess experience supporting cybersecurity efforts for a major NAVSEA, NAVAIR, Navy, or DoD equivalent program.
The candidate’s responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) performing, supporting, or supervising the following actions:
- Prepare, update, and maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation, including Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages.
- Coordinate with Navy Qualified Validators (NQVs) and other senior cyber security personnel in identifying cybersecurity discrepancies and mitigating security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain the configuration management of individual craft including unique combinations of software, hardware, and firmware for each.
- Provide technical information systems security analysis support.
- Work to apply U.S. Navy information systems security laws, policies, and directives.
- Provide expertise reviewing and interpreting technical documentation.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must already possess an existing, active TOP SECRET security clearance, and maintain it for the duration of employment.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a similar discipline from an accredited institution.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in an Information Systems Security or Information Assurance role within a US Navy/DoD environment.
- Experience preparing, updating, and maintaining RMF documentation, including:
- Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages,
- System Security Plans (SSP),
- Risk Assessment Reports (RAR),
- Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM), and
- Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for networks and systems.
- Experience with:
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)/Nessus.
- Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)/Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Proficiency with common productivity software including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- At least eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in an Information Systems Security or Information Assurance role within a US Navy/DoD environment.
- IA certifications such as:
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+/CSA+)
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Cybersecurity Workforce Requirements:
- This position is part of the Navy’s Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF). Applicants must be currently or shortly after hire be qualified at an Intermediate or Advanced level in a relevant Cybersecurity specialty area such as Info System Security Manager (722), Systems Security Analyst (461), or Security Control Assessor (612). Other select Intermediate or Advanced level CSWF specialty areas may be considered equivalent. A full list of CSWF specialty areas and qualifications can be seen here:
Typical Physical Activity:
- Essential functions typically include (but are not limited to): typing, hearing, sitting, standing, talking, and vision.
This position is anticipated to require up to 10% travel.
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected for hire, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination upon start of employment with THOR.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing Center for Veteran’s Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering, project and program management, business and financial management, technical support, integrated logistics support, training support, fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the nation’s most complex military, public sector and industry challenges.
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. .
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection process, please contact us at or (571) 215-0077.
If you would like to view a copy of THOR’s affirmative action plan, please email .
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Ciudad de Panamá – Florida
Job date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 06:30:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Information #System #Security #EngineerOfficer