Lead Firmware Engineer
Job title: Lead Firmware Engineer
Job description: Eaton Haina is seeking a Firmware Engineer for its Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) business. This position will be located in Haina, Dominican Republic.
Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions division is currently seeking a Firmware Engineer to develop solutions for embedded systems and IoT/Connected devices, Help to identify and evaluate emerging markets and technologies globally; lead project teams in the research, design, development and industrialization of new innovative products and services. Identify technical solutions associated to technical issues found in electronic based products and their applications. Assess feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering test/products/equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger. In this role, you will:
- Lead firmware and software developments for embedded systems/micro-controllers;
- Support software development for multiple platforms, including Windows, OS X, Linux, embedded and web applications with a strong emphasis on the Internet of Things;
- Experienced in electronic circuit design, both analog and digital;
- Stay abreast of market trends and emerging technologies globally, with a particular emphasis on embedded and connected systems, and evaluate their potential impact on Eaton business;
- Research and develop business case(s) in new product development cycle to understand viability of proposed products in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic or Electromechanical Engineering, computer science or similar careers.
- MS Office, Familiarity with PADS, Altium and CAD tools
- Experience in similar positions.
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- Preferable: Master’s degree or MBA;
- Firmware and software programing: C, C++,C#, Assembly, Python, Java, Bash, MATLAB.
- Software: Linux, UNIX, Windows, git, others
- Previous experience with root cause analysis and troubleshooting engineering systems.
- Have a fundamental understanding of plastic injection molding and metal stamping processes.
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma.
- Competencies: Thinks and Acts Strategically, Gets Results Through Self and Others, Build Organizational Capability, Demonstrates Eaton’s Leadership Style.
Location: Santo Domingo
Job date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 00:05:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Lead #Firmware #Engineer