Lead QA Automation Engineer
Job title: Lead QA Automation Engineer
Company: NICE Systems
Job description: Position at NICE CXone
Lead QA automation engineer
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia.
The Lead QA Engineer is responsible for leading and advancing the QA engineering practice within our engineering team. This person is the subject matter expert on preventing and addressing defects within the platform, and the tools and processes involved. She/he mentors and provides day-to-day direction to the QA Engineers who are embedded in project/feature teams. These QA Engineers create and maintain the automated test suite that verifies the quality of our software platform, and occasionally perform manual testing. The Lead QA Engineer is their technical leader and mentor. Other software engineers and architects on the engineering team are also involved in QA activities, such as creating unit tests. The focus on quality and continuous improvement, is a core value of the entire engineering team, not just QA engineers, but it is the Lead QA Engineer who is responsible for ensuring that the team upholds it quality promise, by measuring quality performance and making sure QA tools, processes, and expertise are available to those who need it. The Lead QA Engineer is also the main point of contact to internal / external stakeholders for release notes, reported defects, and issue prioritization. To land this gig you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience test strategy & design, test automation, and test execution analysis
- 3+ years experience in test automation in a microservices based environment
- 3+ years of automated software testing experience including RESTful APIs and web applications
- Passion for learning and mentoring
- Passion for troubleshooting problems and determining root-cause
- Experience leading a team of QA Engineers
- Experience with git based workflow with build tools for continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Comfortable working in an agile/scrum environment
- Comfortable working with remote team members
- Comfortable working with cloud infrastructure
- Familiar with reading code in PHP, Python, or C#
- Familiar with AvaJS and Mocha-Awesome Reporter
- Familiar with microservices and serverless environments
- Strong English communication skills
Skills we apply:
- Test web applications, REST web services, and backend code
- Own the architecture and implementation of automation test frameworks across our product
- Provide input during the architectural design process with regards to testability
- Work with product teams to gather and verify requirements for test scenarios that match customer use cases
- Work with customer-facing teams providing support to reproducing issues and gathering as much detail as possible to hand off to the appropriate engineering teams
- Determine best practices and tools for the QA team to use
- Be an active participant in iterating and improving engineering processes
Technologies we use:
- Cross Browser testing tool (
) * Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Flexibility in development tools, such as Visual Studio, Rider, or VS Code on Windows, Mac, or Linux
About the team:
We are a collaborative team of engineers with a culture of continuous learning and development. We are well established in the market but still enjoy a high-energy startup-style environment. Software engineers work closely with QA and DevOps teams on projects. We are passionate about our work and everyone on the team is hands-on regardless of their role. We focus heavily on unit and integration testing. Our QA testing is automated, helping us maintain high quality in our software and catch defects early in the development cycle. We work in two week sprints utilizing continuous integration and weekly deployments. We use serverless solutions on AWS when possible. We focus on high availability for our services, minimizing downtime, and service interruptions. We’re constantly optimizing our performance and resource consumption.
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.
Job date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 22:26:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Lead #Automation #Engineer