Legal Counsel, Vietnam
Job title: Legal Counsel, Vietnam
Job description: Job Description
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
To learn more visit and . Follow us on Twitter & LinkedIn at https://twitter.com/SyngentaAPAC and
About this job
As a Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for all legal related matters of and provide compliance support to Syngenta Vietnam.
- Initial contact point for Syngenta Vietnam’s Business and Functional teams for all Legal and Compliance matters.
- Provide preliminary guidance on contract risk – assess whether the contract needs to be referred to Legal Counsel and respond on basic questions regarding contract form, counterparties, templates to be used and company policy requirements
- Manage selection of and engagement with external counsels in accordance with global Syngenta Policies
- Provide initial assessment of any intellectual property questions and follow up as needed to support any subsequent work by IP Counsel
- Collaborate with the Security Function on counterfeit and other product security issues to ensure rapid action against strategically significant infringements of Syngenta’s intellectual property
- Labor law: Support the Human Resources function on employee disputes and disciplinary action as well as supporting negotiations with the labor union and related issues
- Review marketing materials and communications for compliance with company policies and basic legal risks
- Support legal and policy questions regarding distribution and customer relationships and contracts – maintain contract templates for key business relationships consistent with global guidance
- Train Syngenta Vietnam team on company policy requirements where those policies are owned by Legal/Compliance. Manage any questions from the Business team regarding those policies
- Corporate governance: Maintain company registers and board minutes and follow company internal procedures for changes of officers and directors. Prepare annual meeting minutes and shareholder minutes. Work with external counsel for filing and registration requirements
- Manage and monitor litigation cases, manage day-to-day litigation requirements and external counsel. Develop a pro-active strategy to minimize litigation costs and risks.
- Provide input on Legal and Compliance risks associated with the Vietnamese Business to the Country Leadership Team (CLT) and the global Legal Function
- Support internal and external audit requirements around Compliance and Legal matters
- Track the legal environment to alert stakeholders to key changes in laws on matters such as employment, safety and environment, anti-corruption, anti-competition and agribusiness
- Provide initial assessment of emerging third party disputes and provide guidance to the Business on managing the legal risks
- Communicate to the Vietnam CLT and general employee population new Legal and Compliance policies and changes to existing policies
- Support internal investigations as requested by the Region Compliance Officer from time to time
- Support periodic global reporting requirements on litigation and other topics as required and
- Participate in regional and global Legal Department activities consistent with other members of the APAC Legal Department
- At least 6 to 8 years post qualification experience (PQE) as a lawyer in a reputable international law firm or as in-house counsel in an international MNC, either in or outside Vietnam
- At least a Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB)
- Masters degree in Law from an overseas institution
- Fluent in both spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Ability to condense complex legal concepts to simple explanations. Strong legal drafting skills in English
- Experience with data protection and privacy, corporate governance and Compliance an advantage
- Agriculture/agribusiness industry experience an advantage but not a pre-requisite
Location: Tp Hồ Chí Minh
Job date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:29:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Legal #Counsel #Vietnam