Legal Intern – France
Job title: Legal Intern – France
Company: Cisco Systems
Job description: Start Date: January 2022
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Hybrid work between remote and onsite at Issy les Moulineaux, France
Cisco’s Legal Interns are a key part of our Legal department.
If you choose to join our Intern Program you will be part of a dynamic European team of several interns supporting our legal counsels based in France and throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia who will ensure you learn every aspect of the work they do.
You will also have the opportunity to work on innovative projects with the potential to influence the way that Cisco Legal works and learns.
Why you will love Cisco:
At Cisco we celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation.
Cisco Legal is a global multi-disciplinary team providing legal solutions and strategies that help Cisco create and deliver innovative technologies to our customers around the world.
We are a large friendly team which values the work our interns do and ensure sharing our knowledge and experience so they can grow into skillful legal counsels.
– Assist the legal counsels responsible for supporting the sales teams;
– Work on cutting edge legal subject;
– Participate/assist the assigned legal counsels and sales teams in customer negotiations;
– Initial preparation of legal documents such as contracts, correspondence and summaries;
– Create contract records in contract management system and use of digital tools;
– Create, review, amend various legal documents and any other business documents as requested by the assigned legal counsels;
– Participate on development and drafting a section of Cisco´s legal team internal documents;
– Other duties as assigned including legal translation and legal research.
Core competencies required:
– Languages: fluent in English & French as minimum but any other language is a clear advantage in the recruitment process;
– Adaptability. You will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to successfully manage frequent changes in priorities, deadlines and workload.
– Business/Legal Knowledge. You will have the ability to learn about Cisco’s business and legal environment and applying this knowledge to the assigned activities.
– Communication and Influence. You will have good communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely (both in writing and verbally) legal and business issues to your assigned legal counsels.
– Continuous Learning. You will need to demonstrate the capacity and strong desire to learn new things and quickly apply that knowledge to specific tasks.
– Organizational Abilities. You will have organizational and prioritization skills which enable you smoothly to manage multiple projects (possibly simultaneously) to demanding deadlines.
We expect you to have:
– a basic knowledge of commercial law, with a focus on contract, IP and IT law (preferred French and English law knowledge);
– the ability to read and understand complex contract provisions;
– the ability to efficiently create English legal documents for internal and external use; and
– the ability to understand industry practice on legal issues.
General Business skills:
We expect you to:
– Concisely convey information and ideas both in writing and verbally;
– Operate well in a professional legal team environment;
– Manage timely the achievement of specific goals;
– Anticipate and be responsive to Cisco´s legal counsels requirements;
– Operate efficiently in a digital environment.
Attractive compensation and benefits depending on level of study.
Recruiting process will include two rounds of interviews with our team members.
Send your CV + cover letter (optional) to Elsa Dobler
Location: Issy-les-Moulineaux, Hauts-de-Seine
Job date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:55:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Legal #Intern #France