Local Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) EXPERT, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Jakarta, Indonesia
Job title: Local Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) EXPERT, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Jakarta, Indonesia
Job description: Local Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) EXPERT,
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL),
Management Systems International (MSI) is sub to Panagora Group in its implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform for USAID/Indonesia. The Indonesia MEL Platform team will deliver services related to monitoring, evaluation and learning to USAID/Indonesia. This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
**Please note: Only Indonesian citizens are eligible for this position**
President Jokowi issued a Presidential Instruction Number 4 of 2019 (INPRES 4/2019) on Improving the capacities of Indonesia to prevent, detect and respond to disease outbreaks, global pandemics, and nuclear, biological, and chemical emergencies. To ensure the implementation of this INPRES 4, the Cabinet Secretariat of the Republic of Indonesia (SETKAB) is mandated to monitor and evaluate the implementation of the INPRES 4.
SETKAB requires sufficient monitoring and evaluation expertise – which it currently lacks – to monitor the implementation of Government policies to achieve its goal. USAID/Indonesia requested MEL-P to design, delivery a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) workshop to train SETKAB staff on MEL.
Overall, MEL-P support will include: Reviewing the current SETKAB tools and business process; Improving SETKAB tools and processes; Identifying correct and effective MEL tools/instruments for conducting field monitoring/ evaluation visits that would be applicable for other policy beyond INPRES 4.
By the end of the workshop, SETKAB staff are expected to:
- Gain an improved understanding of MEL concepts and frameworks for public policy.
- Be equipped with the tools and skills to effectively complete their M&E tasks,
- Be equipped with a draft plan to monitor and evaluate (and learn from) INPRES 4, including reporting systems and procedures.
MEL-P seeks a local M&E expert to provide coaching or mentoring assistance to 20 SETKAB staff in order to strengthen their skills and use of MEL system and procedures, plan, and tools to effectively monitor and report on policy implementation.
Under the technical guidance of MEL-P’s Senior M&E expert, the expert shall:
- The expert shall report to the MEL-P’s Senior M&E Expert with guidance from MEL-P’s Monitoring Advisor.
- Be familiar with the MEL workshop agenda and content by attending MEL-P preparation sessions.
- Gauge and understand SETKAB MEL needs by attending and/or co-facilitating a selected number of the workshop sessions.
- Develop a coaching plan and schedule to strengthen SETKAB staff skills and use of MEL system and procedures, plan, and tools to effectively monitor and report on policy implementation. The coaching plan and schedule shall also identify timelines to develop the revised MEL system and procedures, plan, tools, and templates.
- Review existing SETKAB M&E procedures and tools and develop the first draft of the revised MEL system and procedures, plan, tools, and templates.
- From August 5 to September 3, 2021, mentor SETKAB staff, including conducting one-on-one sessions (as needed), to strengthen their skills and use of the revised MEL system and procedures, plan, tools, and templates.
- Support the preparation and co-facilitate a selected number of sessions of the planned mid-way pause and reflect session gathering SETKAB and USAID staff, and use its outcomes to readjust the coaching plan and schedule. This session is tentatively scheduled for August 24 or 25, 2021.
- Support the preparation and co-facilitate a selected number of sessions of the planned final pause and reflect session gathering SETKAB and USAID staff. This session is tentatively scheduled for September 9 or 10, 2021, and thereafter:
- Update and finalize SETKAB MEL system and procedures, plan, tools, and templates,
- Compile a report, not to exceed 10 pages, providing a summary of (a) the completed coaching activities, including dates and purpose of each coaching sessions, and titles of the supported SETKAB staff, and (b) the key findings and observations; and (c) providing recommendations for eventual follow-up actions.
The period of performance shall be July 7 to September 24, 2021
- Master’s degree in public administration, international development or relations, political science, economics, or related social sciences is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and delivering training and/or mentoring with strong facilitation skills.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in monitoring and evaluating public policy implementation, preferably health related policies.
- M&E experience, including but not limited to:
- Knowledge of M&E approaches, tools, and methodologies, quantitative and qualitative monitoring methodologies,
- Proven ability to design, implement, operate and/or manage M&E plans, systems, tools, and templates, including indicator selection, target setting, and reporting.
- Strong understanding and ability to navigate the Indonesian government systems and cultures, and ability to work collaboratively with government counterparts.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, presentation and report writing.
- Detailed and result-oriented with problem-solving skills and ability to propose innovative solutions.
- Professional integrity and ability to work under minimum supervision, deliver on time and working under pressure.
- Ability to use MS office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets, and other software.
- Strong presentation, facilitation and report writing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Job date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 22:22:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Local #Monitoring #Evaluation #EXPERT #Monitoring #Evaluation #Learning #MEL #Jakarta #Indonesia