Manager Account Relationship
Job title: Manager Account Relationship
Company: British Council
Job description: The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Pay band: 6
Contract type: Indefinite Contract
Closing date: 14 July 2021
The purpose of this role is to build relationships, identify needs and enhance opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets. The role is also required to proactively resolve issues, add value and ensure delivery on expectations. Daily the role executes the country key account strategy and plan.
Challenges & Accountabilities:
- Carries out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques, and report templates.
Market & customer intelligence
- Ensures product/sector knowledge is up to date and forward thinking
- Provides account /country specific input into market intelligence activities, innovation and business development/marketing plan/targets
- As required, uses a range of standard processes and techniques to carry out routine research and analysis of actual or potential customer/audience trends – e.g. customer segmentation, demographic profiling, competitor tracking and measurement of market share.
- Partner with Marketing to conducting extensive market research and continue gathering information on market and industry throughout the life of the business
- Raises performance issues, why and how being resolved
- Monitors capacity and drives up/pull forward B2B2C sales to fill capacity
- Practices Relationship Management, development and reviews (including mapping and delivering F2F touchpoints, annual and quarterly reviews for big accounts)
- Builds and develops networks around existing clients to cultivate segments
- Under direction from the Head of AR, supports the development of high-quality bids, tenders and proposals by preparing or collating written content/diagrams/financial data/case studies/project plans for the Country/Region
Account & stakeholder management
- Manages and delivers in year Account Plan
- Develops out of year Account Plan
- Links with B2B support from Operations team to set and review quality of delivery to support account relationship.
- Links with Marketing for targeted events, campaigns and collateral to support retention and value add
- Undertakes contract review and refresh
- Works to defined Account Relationship standards and frameworks.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and data in order to support effective and coordinated account management across the organisation.
- Conducts research into business activities, challenges and key personnel in target customer, partner or sponsor organisations to support the exams business in developing new business and cultural relations opportunities for the BC.
- In accordance with an agreed account management plan, coordinates and organises contact between stakeholders in key client/partner/sponsor organisations and the exams business – e.g. meetings, conference slots, sending targeted marketing or thought leadership materials etc.
Analysis & Reporting
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs
- Contributes data as required, to enable the development and distribution of high quality, customer and market-focused marketing collateral
Leadership & management
- Prioritises own work activities, from long term plans into day to day activities.
- Builds relationships and uses influence to work with others internally to grow the business.
The post holder will create an enabling environment to promote child safeguarding through compliance with the child protection implementation standards in planning, implementation and monitoring of activities/projects and to escalate child protection issue to the Head of Child Protection Pakistan.
- Provide inputs and resources in the development and implementation of child safe action plan.
- Line managers to include a child protection deliverable for staff in posts with child protection responsibility and monitor these through the performance evaluation system.
- Complete child protection e-learning courses (Mandatory e-learning course & Working towards a child safe organization e-learning course)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Job date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 07:55:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Manager #Account #Relationship