Manufacturing Engineer II–Vietnam
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer II–Vietnam
Job description: Job Description
Job Description :
In this role, you will be responsible for factory start up , transfer and qualify sustaining product manufacturing process to new factory. Driving engineering excellence to solve complex problems that directly impact final product quality, cost and delivery of Microsoft devices. You will be a key member of the Technical Operations team and will partner closely with China Resident Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical, Quality, Test Engineering and our Manufacturing partners to launch product flawlessly and sustain product meet target until product end of life.
- Transfer product from China factory to Vietnam/Thailand factory, bring up new factory and qualify product on time to meet delivery schedule
- Ability to work independently, directing and setting priorities for manufacturing partner to solve complex design, manufacturing and material challenges, relentlessly drive cost reduction and yield improvement.
- Generate best practices guidelines and documentation to enable efficiencies in future hardware development and sustaining activities.
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams to meet schedule, cost, and performance-related objectives.
- Drive clear and accurate communications and recommendations to peers and senior management by distilling complex technical challenges, outlining options, and providing supporting data
- Perform regular process audit to ensure factory execute base on specification.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams identify manufacturing process risk and challenges, provide technical solution to resolve and mitigate
- Early partnership with China resident engineering team on new launch product to identify design , process, tools that are new, unique, or difficult and copy exact robust process/tool to new factory
- Stay current and versed in emerging technologies, materials, methods and manufacturing processes..
- bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- 10+ years as either a hardware engineer directly contributing to high-volume manufacturing process engineer involving consumer electronics, electro-mechanical systems manufacturing, and integration.
- strong technical aptitude and experience with smt and electro-mechanical assembly related manufacturing process.
- demonstrated ability in product and statistical process control, msa/grr, part characterization, structured problem solving, root cause and defect/failure analysis, fmea, doe, fea, reliability testing, core and advanced metrology, statistical data analysis.
- proficiency with statistical analysis, including usage of tools such as jmp or minitab.
- proficiency with 3d design tools and other cad suites. knowledge in pro-e/creo and solidworks is a plus.
- strong troubleshooting skills and structured problem-solving approach; experience leveraging manufacturing data and field return data to identify design and assembly issues and subsequently drive continuous quality.
- excellent oral and written communication skills, be open and willing to travel internationally to our manufacturing facility.
- failure/data analysis, design of experiments and statistical analysis using six sigma principles
- understands pc or other consumer electronics mechanical and electro-mechanical interactions (enclosures, displays, thermal solutions, cables/fpcs, batteries, connectors, etc.)
Location: Tp Hồ Chí Minh
Job date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 22:49:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Manufacturing #Engineer #IIVietnam