MARKETING MANAGER: SOUTH AFRICA – REF8885
Job title: MARKETING MANAGER: SOUTH AFRICA – REF8885
Company: Claire Bourquin Recruitment Consultants
Job description: R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client links precision investment management to expert financial advice. They achieve this through strategic partnerships with advisers, supported by their technology and a deep desire to help advisers achieve financial security and wellbeing for their clients. They provide discretionary investment management services to the clients of leading financial advisers and private wealth managers. The business is designed to confer a material competitive advantage that places advisers at the forefront of developments in financial planning and wealth management. Their services are aimed at firms seeking a ‘safe pair of hands’ to partner with, particularly those wanting to combine individualised advice with a scalable operating model. The company’s offering remains globally unique. The company operates in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and Sweden, with a distribution presence in South East Asia. The AUM has tripled in the last 5 years. Their investment process has yielded market-leading performance in the multi-asset space in both SA and the UK. They have pioneered techniques in asset allocation, portfolio optimisation, risk management and portfolio construction that place us at the cutting edge of the profession globally. Furthermore, the company have a significant technology R&D capability and invest significantly in Financial Personality Assessments, Cash Flow Modelling / Financial Needs Analysis, Investor Reporting, Investor Tools. It is the consistency of their investment outcomes and ability to get ranges of risk-profiled portfolios to perform as expected relative to each other that has attracted the attention of top advisers and fundamentally differentiates the company from the standard DFM asset consulting models. The company is a privately owned group with an inclusive, high performing and fun culture.
They now seek a marketing manager: South Africa to join their team. You will report into the South African managing director.
The company is a dynamic business that retains a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a driven culture.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to run the South African marketing function;
- You will be required to work with other external marketing professionals to develop materials, conduct market research and develop strategies to improve company sales;
- You will be responsible for working closely with the business development team to plan and implement campaigns, determine what products or services need marketing and implement these strategies;
- You will be required to be a “safe pair of hands” to deliver against the marketing needs of the South African business;
- Strategy formulation, implementation, review:
- You will be required to work closely with business development to derive and implement South Africa’s marketing plans from end-to-end, from initial scope to analysis and ROI and MI reporting;
- You will be required to implement and execute account-based marketing strategy to drive engagement with existing partners;
- You will be required to on-going management of marketing and communication strategies to all stakeholders;
- Ownership & co-ordination of SA marketing (a keen eye for detail, executing of agreed plan & timeliness of delivery are key):
- You will be required to manage the brand;
- You will be responsible for messaging;
- You will be responsible for targeted campaigns;
- You will be responsible for client communications (plus analysis of open & click rates);
- Digital media;
- You will be required to work with business development to create and manage marketing automation programs;
- You will be required to have marketing automation skills;
- You will be required to have social media skills;
- You will be required to responsible for SEO / paid search;
- You will be responsible for website maintenance;
- Events and forums:
- You will be responsible for running of logistics and pre/post work for investor forums, ad hoc webinars, adviser roundtables etc.;
- You will be required to co-ordinate local sector forums; owning the agenda and ensuring follow up is carried out;
- Collateral and content:
- You will be required to produce and update engaging and relevant marketing content (through stakeholder management) such as brochures, thought-leadership pieces, press releases, presentations and video media etc.;
- You will be responsible for awards – identify viable awards to target and coordinate submissions;
- You will be responsible for networking – target broad range of “influencers” and PR media relationships to raise awareness of the business, in the wider industry;
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a driven, self-starter who is able to manage a dynamic range of tasks;
- You have self- management skills and a proactive work ethic;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have strong writing skills;
- You have a working knowledge of marketing practices;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a small team and also a virtual team environment;
- You have the ability to present and defend marketing proposals;
- You have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have current, relevant marketing degree;
- You have current, relevant experience working within professional services, financial services and ideally investments;
- You have a working knowledge of:
- Digital marketing methodologies;
- Desktop publishing software;
- Social Media platforms;
- Website maintenance skills;
- CRM & Marketing Automation;
- Video editing software (nice to have).
You have a dedicated resource in the marketing team – but can draw on external contractors as an when needed. MD is bright, friendly and supportive of marketing – you won’t struggle to sell concepts and ideas if they are sound. Prior person is moving as the role initially was a global role and so smaller than the original offering. She has enjoyed a significant tenure in the business so an amicable exit.
You will enjoy the fast pace; innovative work space. Demanding but fair and exciting for the right high energy marketing person.
Location: South Africa
Job date: Fri, 21 May 2021 07:14:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#MARKETING #MANAGER #SOUTH #AFRICA #REF8885