Job title: Mathematics Teacher
Job description: Requirements:
Education Required: Bachelor
Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
Major: Mathematics + Teaching License
- Annual airfare Allowance
- Housing allowance provided
- Support, uphold and articulate the mission and vision of Al Shomoukh International School.
- Support and adhere to the code of conduct, policies and procedures of Al Shomoukh International School.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Contribute to educating students according to their educational needs and attainment potential.
- Apply and follow-up on approved disciplinary interventions.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Organize the classroom displays and learning resources.
- Plan and implement lessons following the prescribed curriculum.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies (Based on the teacher’s assigned subjects).
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Incorporate varied and differentiated teaching. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Assess, evaluate and assign appropriate work for students.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Invigilate examinations and adhere to examination rules.
- Prepare cover work for other staff in case of absence.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of secondary school programs.
- Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders including parents, students, colleagues and Heads of the Department.
- Participate in school assemblies, staff groups or other meetings.
- Contribute to Individual Education Plan conferences and reviews of officially identified students.
- Ensure a contact book is updated daily in appropriate cases.
- Collaborate with parents, the Special Educational Needs Coordinator and others supporting the students.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the Individual Education Plan or Individual Behavioral Plan of identified students.
- Participate in continuing professional development and assessment of needs.
- Enhance high standards of professional practice through peer review and observation.
- Provide extra-curricular activity once per week after-school. Provide opportunities for education outside the classroom.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records; class attendance and student progress.
- Engage in personal and professional development to ensure a thorough knowledge of all aspects relating to the field of education.
- Uphold professional integrity at all times, discretion, confidentiality, loyalty and trust while performing all duties.
- Display a high level of professional competence in all areas of responsibility.
- Attend school sponsored activities. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parental involvement.
- Sponsor extracurricular activities such as clubs, student organizations, and academic contests.
- Coordinate with the Head of Supervision & Activities to plan students’ trips.
- Perform administrative duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall and cafeteria monitoring, and bus loading and unloading.
- Establish expectations for students, staff and parents.
- Aim toward achieving and maintaining an excellent rating from the Ministry of Education and other relevant authorities while making positive use of data available from the management information system.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to the school, students and families.
- Communicate with parents via the parent portal on a regular basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages with 24 hours or less.
- Ensure to upload students daily and weekly assessment results onto iCampus before the end of the week.
- Required to attend duties assigned by the Head of Supervision and Activities.
Job date: Fri, 28 May 2021 22:12:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!