MediaCom | Associate Director Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job title: MediaCom | Associate Director Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job description: Description
Position at MediaCom
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a bright and passionate Associate Planning Director to help lead a highly motivated team and be a trusted strategic advisor for your clients.
This role is to work with some of our most valued clients and it will give you the opportunity to expand your experience across South East Asia Markets.
You’ll be leading day-to-day client conversations and managing the wider internal implementation teams in delivering accurate and timely campaigns.
You’ll be called on for your professional and personal opinions on how best to grow the business – in this regard, you will need to work closely with the senior clients to understand their business problems and strategically advise them not just for Malaysia but across SEA and North Asia.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to strategically lead 6+ MediaCom in-market teams to deliver solutions for set of accounts you will be handling
- Get a chance to flex your horizon through innovation and new to market executions
- Learning and working with a cross functional, cross markets teams both at client and also MediaCom
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Been up to speed with client’s portfolios / value proposition and able to articulate this confidently.
- Built relationships across both internal and external stakeholders who will ultimately enable you to excel in your role.
- Identified opportunities to drive best practices in terms of tools adoption and process improvement to positively impact your team.
In six months:
- Implemented tools and process improvement changes which have increased the efficiencies of the team.
- Identified and action opportunities to grow profitable revenue as well as help structure the team to deliver profitable business in the short, medium and long term.
- Built trust and confidence of key clients by guiding them through the engagement process and actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns.
In 12 months:
- You will coach and mentor the managers/planners by assessing each individual’s strengths and areas for development and encouraging a free exchange of constructive feedback.
- You will build a comprehensive media knowledge base and synthesizes information into ideas, and share with teams and clients.
- You will have the ability of staff supervision, training and development as well as serving as a positive role model with a hard work ethic and vigorously reviewing all work to ensure high quality standard.
What your day job looks like:
- Be the main point in contact for the set of clients assigned to you
- Be forward thinking in the expansion of business opportunities, entrepreneurial in mind-set and always thinking of the expansion and engagement of additional or new services for our clients.
- Full accountability of process/operational discipline.
- Be the central client contact for your assigned agency base, dealing at Director level and above with senior management within the client and becoming a trusted senior advisor over existing and future search engagements.
- Attend all important client meetings, present, train and provide outstanding levels of client service to all team clients in a proactive manner internally and externally.
- Ensure execution teams are managing client campaign outputs to deliver core business objectives/ results, revisiting strategies and pushing boundaries on business growth within the agency assigned.
- Active contribution in new business development/pitching.
- Ensure effective management of available resources, being aware of capacity levels and recruitment expansion or contraction needs, managing one-to-one processes and ensuring expectations of staff are managed at all times.
- Review work quality of the team and take appropriate actions and or training to improve quality levels.
- Whitepaper and knowledge development on trending topics. Develop and share regular POVs.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong communication skills, conveying credibility confidence when dealing with
- Strong knowledge and experience in planning, ideally with capability in digital key clients and internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of performance best practice; whilst each account is brand led, SEM and e-Commerce are an integral part of the media plans
- Proven leadership skills, being able to organize and motivate both your immediate team and wider, including implementation specialists
- At least 8+ years of experience in Media Planning, Buying, Digital and traditional execution.
- Experience leading a team of 5+ people of all level.
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world’s largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here:
GroupM Malaysia is situated in the prime location of Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya. Malaysia is a multi-racial and multicultural country, there is a strong “Muhibbah” culture and the office environment is full of “Semangat” as half of our talent are below the age of 30.
You can expect diversity, strong collaboration and a fun yet dynamic environment here! With endless growth opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals, we provide the support to enable ambitions to come to life. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career in media, there is no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Job date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 02:27:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#MediaCom #Associate #Director #Kuala #Lumpur #Malaysia