NAB – Student Researcher for Project: Impact Investing Capital – The Hague, the Netherlands
Job title: NAB – Student Researcher for Project: Impact Investing Capital – The Hague, the Netherlands
Company: Maastricht University
Job description: Functie omschrijving
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to support our team in a new working group project for a period of at least 6 months. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in impact investing and/or sustainable finance and excellent analytical and research skills. At the NAB (Netherlands Advisory Board), we want our interns to contribute in a meaningful way. We offer the opportunity to have a hands on experience. We are a small team, and we help each other in what we can, so you will be able to explore and develop different skills. This is an opportunity for Master students to develop their graduation project and/or thesis.
Your key responsibilities are:
– Support in research and investigation,
– Assist in organization and take care of practical arrangements of the research process,
– Aid in desk research.
– Conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders.
– Analyse findings, and critically formulate conclusions.
– Assist in preparing reports and white papers.
– Support the team with additional project-related tasks at hand.
– Currently enrolled in a Master at a Dutch university (preferably in a field relevant to this position: Finance, Economics),
– Genuinely interested in impact investing, sustainable finance and/or a related topic,
– Proactive, autonomous, and flexible,
– Fluent in English and Dutch (both spoken and written),
– Experience at conducting research,
– Excellent analytical skills,
– Able to work in a (intercultural) team,
– Enthusiastic to work in multi-stakeholders and multi-cultural environments.
24-32 hrs/week for 6 months
You have the chance to:
– Develop your thesis in the field of impact investing and finance,
– Be part of a dynamic, start up working environment, where you will have a lot of autonomy and build a hands on experience,
– Meet/work with a variety of leaders active in impact investing and sustainable finance,
– Widen your network, and work with our members and strategic partners,
– Gain experience and apply your knowledge,
– Gain insight in a purposeful and thriving sector that is represented by Stichting NAB,
– Earn an internship compensation of EUR 300 net per month based on a 32-hour workweek.
About the NAB:
The Stichting (foundation, in Dutch) Netherlands Advisory Board on impact investing (“NAB”) is an independent, non-profit organisation which aims to accelerate the growth and improve the effectiveness of the impact investing market. It will do this by raising awareness of, addressing barriers to and increasing confidence in investing with impact. Our vision is that in a healthy impact investment ecosystem, investments and savings help in solving social and environmental challenges, as well as seek a financial return. Our mission is to increase the effectiveness of the Dutch impact investment ecosystem to achieve the SDGs.
About the Project: Capital Requirements:
The project is focused on lowering capital requirements in illiquid and higher capital charge impact investments under Basel IV, Solvency II and VEV. To enable the increase of the scale of impact investing by removing regulatory barriers for institutional investors. One of the biggest barriers to increasing the scale of impact investing in portfolios of institutional investors is the level of required capital charge. Impact investments are often earlier-stage, illiquid or in emerging markets. The purpose of this project is to engage with European policy makers and regulators on reducing capital charges for certain types of impact investments, on the basis of their actual rather than their presumed risk level. It is envisaged (to be determined) that this project does not cover nor advocate the much debated ‘green support factor’ on the basis of impact characteristics. Based on discussions with several institutional investors and financial institutions, we believe that reducing capital charges on impact investments would have a positive effect on the mobilization of larger pools of institutional capital.
Hoe te solliciteren
Send your CV and letter of motivation to Stichting NAB at .
Applications will be taken into consideration until the position is filled. We prefer the intern to start in January 2022, however, the starting date is negotiable.
For more information on the vacancy and the project, you can send an email to the above email address. More general information about Stichting NAB can also be found on our website: .
The Hague, the Netherlands
Location: Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
Job date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 23:03:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#NAB #Student #Researcher #Project #Impact #Investing #Capital #Hague #Netherlands