Partnerships Java Developer
Job title: Partnerships Java Developer
Job description: Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The mission of our Consumer Integration Platform team is to build a first class platform that will support a variety of needs within the PayPal ecosystem via 3rd party integrations. Today we manage over 100 different 3rd party integrations, providing services such as bank deposit, bill payment, and cash delivery in over 150 countries. Our goal in the next few years is to continue our expansion of integrations, functionality, and use cases while improving scalability, throughput, and reliability. We intend for our platform to be the foundation of functionality in the PayPal app that is used by millions of people around the world. We are looking for Java engineers with a solid foundation in object-oriented programming and problem-solving skills. You are impassioned by the idea of working on software that benefits our society in meaningful ways. At PayPal, we look for people who are curious, innovative and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we strive to be smart, humble hardworking and collaborative. This role would have you joining a team that provides the opportunities of a startup but without any of the potential instability and loss of work/life balance that comes with working for one. The best of both worlds. What we do matters—both to us and to millions of people around the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop software to support consumer-focused products
- Enhance our culture of good design, coding and testing practices
- Collaborate with project managers, designers and app engineers to conceptualize and build features
- Develop & implement tests for ensuring the quality, performance and scalability of our services
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing
- Write unit, integration and functional tests thoroughly
- Bear ownership in the entire process of getting code from your computer to production
- Engage proactively in monitoring and provide necessary production support
- 3+ years of experience designing and writing understandable, testable and easy to maintain software
- Understanding of Java
- Strong creative problem solving, design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Strong dedication to code quality and focus on automation and operational excellence: unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows
- A bias for continuous improvement, growth and innovative thinking
- Experience with unix based development environment
- Must be proficient in speaking, writing, and reading in English in a business and technical environment
Nice to have
- Spring technologies
- Relational database, data persistence technology
- Microservice architecture
- Application dockerization
- Experience with Cloud Platform technology such as AWS or GCP
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Guatemala City – Ruta 3, Guatemala, Guatemala
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .
Location: Ciudad de Guatemala
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 22:28:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Partnerships #Java #Developer